Ubisoft has revealed the patch notes for the next Anno 1800 update. Apparently, they’re aiming to minimize the destructive and small annoyances, which encounter sometimes may result in a big frustration. This will in total be the second game update for Anno 1800, and will include several bug fixes.
The first announcement of the update has been done directly on Uplay, in which the developers claimed their aim to enhance the game’s performance and stability. The update is scheduled to land on May 15, and will include balancing tweaks. Influence Points gain system is going to be reworked too, but in a future update.
Naval Combat and Ship diseases will be changed, granting a stronger passive defensive stance and overall ship balance. Ship illness on ships will be also balanced, and pandemic spreading won’t be as frequent as before.
Below you can find the patch notes scheduled to go live on May 15 with Game Update 02.
Influence is being changed and will allow the players to acquire influence from population and investors. This will give them a lot easier time, and will embrace players to embrace their own playstyle freely.
- Influence gained from population increased from +10 to +15 per increase
- Influence gained from investors increased from +1 to +2 per house
- Exponential scaling for influence from population kicks in later, at 16.000 Global Population instead of 14.000
Influence Bonus Improvements:
- Propaganda category: Newspaper Effectiveness boosted from 5%/10%/15% to 7%/15%/25%
- Trade category: Movement Speed boosted from 5%/10%/15% to 7%/15%/25%
- Military category: Attack Speed boosted from 5%/10%/15% to 7%/15%/25%
- Optimization category: Maintenance Cost boosted from 1%/2%/3% to 3%/6%/10%
- Culture category: Attractiveness boosted from 5%/10%/15% to 10%/20%/35%
Rework of the “Passive Defense” ship stance
- Renamed to “Hold Position”
- Ships using this stance do not move to attack a target
- Battle Cruiser hit points increased from 5000 to 6000
- Battle Cruiser Damage per shot increased from 245 to 275
- Battle Cruiser Upkeep Cost lowered from 1000 to 850
- Monitor hit points increased from 2500 to 3000
- Monitor Upkeep Cost lowered from 600 to 300
- Collier hit points from increased 3500 to 4000
Illness on ships
- Ship disease spread chance was %1 every 10 seconds; spread chance now is 1% every 30 seconds
- Ship disease duration was 15 minutes, and has now been lowered to 10 minutes
Changes to Madame Kahina’s item pool
- Now, 20% of items offered at Madame Kahina’s harbor consist of European fertilities, with rarities (uncommon, rare and epic) depending on player progress.
Improvements on game stability
With Update 02, we improved the overall stability of the Anno 1800 game client as well as fixed specific issues, which could cause the game to crash.
- Fixed an instance where toggling the Victory Conditions could crash the game when starting a new game
- Fixed issues which could lead to crashes if the game was running under DirectX 12
- Fixed an instance which could lead to crashes during campaign gameplay
- Fixed an instance which could lead to a crash while upgrading residential buildings
- Fixed several rare instances that caused general client instability
Fixed an issue which could prevent players from receiving further quests or character notifications
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from accepting any new quests or interacting with other characters in the game world, which blocked them from progressing in the campaign or with their sandbox quests.
Fixed some issues causing the railway system to stop working properly
The issue could cause trains to ignore the Oil refinery when the internal storage of the Oil harbor was at max capacity, which could happen when players had a more complex network of different refineries connected to the harbor.
Fixed an issue where happiness count would instantly drop when building a commuter harbor
This issue could create a significant drop in residential happiness as soon as the commuter harbor was constructed.
Various gameplay fixes
- Fixed an issue that prevented the achievement “What’s that smell?” from unlocking
- Fixed a rare issue where the player could get locked out of expedition events
- Fixed an issue where losing an island with Trade Unions would not refund the influence spent on those unions
Fixed graphical issue in top-secret, nonexistent first-person mode
Various fixes and visual improvements to the First-Person mode Easter Egg. Which totally does not exist. Enjoy the view!
Fixed a variety of UI issues.
- Fixed the button positioning on “Desync Detected” screen
- Fixed an issue where the button of Father’s Diary would shift positions at some screen resolutions
- Fixed an issue where “Unmute All” text shifted position on the multiplayer chat settings window
- Fixed an issue where City Incidents buildings would interchange their object menus
- Improved the info tips for fertility items, as they were unclear on what they could be used on.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org