First, it began in pieces, now it’s a monster itself. DayZ, in which the public doubted, has managed to grow and improve the life in Chernarus. With the latest update, Bohemia Interactive has just strengthened their recent success, exterminating a lot of known issues and improving the game itself.
The most important factor in DayZ is performance. You rarely experience a video game that has 225 km2 of terrain, at the same time being considered as a battlefield, in which players dwell into their RPG roles. That is “Chernarus”, the most authentic survival map ever created. Its beauty cannot be described without self-experiencing the whole environment.
A game in which a multitude of players either scavenge, fight, build, craft, drive, stash favorite items, you can rarely notice FPS inappropriate to what your Hardware can support. Well, that’s not an issue in nowadays’ DayZ, in which rendering is properly optimized, offering insane gameplay experience.
To be honest, considered for a Zombie survival game with a milsim kick to it, DayZ has finally become awesome to play. It’s PvP and PvE perspective are both awesome, and the engine reboot definitely paid out for Bohemia so they no longer struggle, and focus on appropriate future updates.
The latest stable update has been discovered, and that is v1.03.151552, which deals with many known bugs to offer an improved gameplay experience. This update includes a number of fixes for critical issues in the current 1.03 version.
Below you can take a look at the patch notes introduced with the latest update.
- It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
- Fixed: Combat Gas Mask obstructed view in first person view when using optics (T139332).
- Fixed: Tactical Helmet obstructed view in optic mode in first person view (T139336).
- Fixed: Hair and beards were floating above some characters.
- Fixed: Console button could appear in gesture menu.
- Fixed: Handheld transceiver was not held properly.
- Fixed: Weapons barrel hiding while using optics.
- Fixed: NVGoggles could be turn off in iron sights.
- Fixed: Long Torch had incorrect name and missing description.
- Fixed: Client error while inspecting an item in the inventory
- Fixed: Combination Lock could not be detached after a server restart
- Fixed: Swapping items via quickbar did not work properly
- Fixed: Headlights could not be detached
- Fixed: Gunter attachments could not be picked up while in crouch or prone stance
- Fixed: Animations were missing while swapping weapons via quickbar
- Fixed: Client error while moving a rotated item in the inventory
- Fixed: Player could not walk through a gate after a server restart
- Fixed: Dropped items could be clipping through the ground
- Fixed: Item weight penalty is not applied when heavy items are taken into a backpack with Glow Stick attached
- Tweaked: enabled Gunter spawning in the default DayZ Server mission
DayZ is a video game which induces a lot of boredom but could serve as an adrenaline injector knowing that you may lose everything in your possession.