Dota Underlords has finally released its first balance update fixing the broken Drow Ranger Aura and Hunter’s Alliance. They are still a viable choice but are no longer overpowered, and this will probably lead to a mixture of builds rather than sticking to the only one that could beat anything.
This Balance update is greatly received by the whole Dota Underlords community, as Valve did exceptional work in retaining its integrity. Below you can find the full patch notes posted by Valve.
Dota Underlords First Balance Update
- Drow Ranger: Precision Aura now gives +10/+20/+30 Attack Speed to allies in a 1 cell radius.
- Hunter Alliance: Chance to trigger extra attack increased from 15%/25% to 20%/35%.
- Hunter Alliance: Reduced extra attacks from 2 to 1.
- Black King Bar: Now grants Magic Immune for 7 seconds once the first enemy has 100% mana (once per battle).
- Omniknight: Purification Heal/Damage increased from 200/300/400 to 200/400/600.
- Abaddon: Aphotic Shield Absorption/Damage increased from 100/150/200 to 100/300/500.
- Ogre Magi: Bloodlust self buff increased from 30/50/70 to 35/55/75.
- General: Critical hits can’t miss.
- Assassins: Assassins are untargettable for one frame when landing after a jump.
- Loot round drops have been adjusted to give more consistent rewards.
Having Hunters nerfed will surely bring a new variety of builds on the chess field. What looks viable after this balance patch is Druids, which could be extremely Overpowered if played around the Druid Global Buff, which upon dying heals every single ally in distance of 1 field.
Knowing that Critical Hits can’t miss, going for 6 assassins also sounds good, as their critical strike buff won’t be avoided by any means, but also they will be untargettable after their first relocate. This also makes the Elusive Units a slightly bit underpowered, as if Critical Strike counts as 100% hit they won’t be able to avoid any of the attacks. One shot Phantom Assassin sounds very scary in this situation.