Respawn Entertainment has stated for multiple times that their fight against cheaters is far from over. There will always be software that will mess the gameplay integrity and provide an unfair advantage to some of the players. These sorts of conversations are still trending on the Official Apex Legends Subreddit, where Respawn Entertainment stated matchmaking cheaters between each other is the way to go.
On the cheating segment, the developers have advanced quite a lot. They’ve gone through an invention of a completely new machine learning way to detect cheaters and deal with them automatically. One of the methods is making the players use TFA, but there’s also advanced matchmaking which serves to match cheaters against each other.
Cheaters and Spammers are a sharp pain to Apex Legends and are finally being dealt with. This section remains a high priority to Respawn Entertainment, and the fight against them will pretty much never end.
Some of the new technology acquired will serve to deal against cheaters better, and you can find it below:
- Using machine learning to create behavior models that detect and auto-ban cheaters.
- Requiring TFA in certain regions on high-risk accounts.
- Improving detection that identifies and bans new spam accounts before they are used.
- Ongoing work to adapt to new cheats.
- Matchmaking that matches detected cheaters and spammers together.
- Investigating how people party up for matches. Even if you are not specifically using a cheat, partying up with cheaters is still cheating.
- Increasing resources whether that be people or tech.
Respawn Entertainment also focuses on the feedback given by the players. They encourage the player base to be continually sending reports for each suspicious activity. Will this hurt the cheaters in Apex Legends?
Imagine, cheaters, fighting against other cheaters to prove who has the best hack available. What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments below!