Trainers, the world-famous Pokemon Go dataminer Chrales discovered new “A Troubling Situation” Team Rocket Special Research tasks in the GM file and it looks like we have to complete four stages and protect the PokeStops from Team Go Rocket, complete specific tasks and earn cool rewards.
The Team Go Rocket Special research is a four stages research and completing the stages will grant you cool rewards, catch and purify the upcoming Shadow Pokemon and take back PokeStops that are under Team Go Rocket’s control.
Team Go Rocket tasks and rewards are now live and you can find the complete list of tasks and rewards below.
Team Rocket A Troubling Situation Special Research Tasks and Rewards
- Evolve 2 Pokemon – Murkrow
- Power Up Pokemon 5 Times – Sableye
- Rewards: 1,000 Stardust, 2×1,000 XP
- Catch 2 Shadow Pokemon – Ekans
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket Grunts – Koffing
- Rewards: 2,000 Stardust, 2,000 XP, and x5 Golden Razz Berries
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokemon – 3,000 Stardust
- Purify a Fire, Water or Grass Type Shadow Pokemon – 3,000 XP
- Rewards: 2,000 Stardust, x5 Silver Pinap Berries and 1 Rare Candy
- Claim Reward – 1,000 Stardust
- Claim Reward – 1,000 XP
- Claim Reward – 1,000 Stardust
- Rewards: x3 Rare Candy, 1 Charged TM and 1 Fast TM
Here is what was discovered in the GM file, thanks to Chrales:
- Hi, PLAYERNAME, I’m glad to see you! Can I get your help with investigating something? I’ve noticed an alarming number of reports from Trainers who have found PokeStops that look discolored?
Some Trainers have even spotted people wearing shirts with a big letter R on them who are guarding the PokeStops. These shady characters appear to have Pokemon with a mysterious dark aura around them’
As I investigate this with Spark, it might be best to power up some of your Pokemon. You never know what we might encounter
- Great job strengthening your Pokemon! After visiting one of the PokeStops with Spark, we were challenged to a Trainer Battle by someone who belongs to an organization called Team GO Rocket’
Turns out that Team GO Rocket has been stealing resources from PokeStops with the help of Pokemon that am cloaked in a dark aura. They’re called Shadow Pokemon! Luckily, we won the battle, and afterward, Team GO Rocket carelessly abandoned their defeated Shadow Pokemon’
Help us protect local PokeStops from Team GO Rocket, Trainer! As you do so, please save any Shadow Pokemon that Team GO Rocket abandons’
- Thanks for all your hard work, PLAYERNAME! Candela and I have done some research on Shadow Pokemon and learned some very unsettling things. While Pokemon naturally become stronger through training, these Shadow Pokemon seem to have been overpowered through unnatural means. As a result, their bodies painfully struggle with not knowing how to control this strength. But don’t worry, It looks like we can help them harness this strength through a process called purification. Can you help me purify some Shadow Pokemon?
- WOW’ Thanks for helping us learn more about the Shadow Pokemon that Team GO Rocket uses, Trainer! After observing the purification process with Blanche, it’s clear that the Pokemon’s gratefulness to you for purifying them causes the move Frustration to be replaced with Return’ Now that you have this knowledge, we need your help with saving as many Shadow Pokemon as possible by taking back PokeStops that are under Team GO Rocket’s control!
The world is under attack’ Can we count on you to help protect it? I do hope there’s nothing more to this…
Good luck on your Troubling Situation journey and make sure to catch ’em all!