Destiny 2: Armor 2.0 Breakdown, Livestream Content and more
If you’ve been watching Bungie’s stream, today was the perfect day for the developers to introduce the players to the new Armor coming to Destiny 2. Solstice Armor is becoming Armor 2.0 on 1st of October, creating even more questions regarding the integrity of the gameplay.
Nevertheless, the stream lengthened in a very healthy scenario, inducing a good amount of excitement among the viewers. If you haven’t got the chance to experience what has been introduced in today’s livestream, worry not.
A Reddit user /u/StryderXGaming has explicitly taken notes during the livestream and transferred them into a whole compilation of changes. While Armor 2.0 changes sound quite extreme, they look very confusing. There are so many strings attached, and each consecutive action will result in a self boost or nerf.
Nevertheless, below you can find the complete list of notes showcased during Destiny 2’s Armor 2.0 Livestream.
- Solstice armor will become armor 2.0 on Oct 1st ( Talk to Banshee-44 / gives upgrade pack of purple sol gear 2.0)
- Light Bump to but not sure how high. Saw exotics in stream at 810 light level
- Adding Intel / Dex / Strgth scale from 0-100 not 1-10 Each 10 points for stat goes into a new tier and aspect boost
- Glimmer bump to 250k <<<confirmed!
- New eye of the gate lord shown on character screen Ghost shown over character and sparrow behind guardian on character screen as well.
- Exotics automatically changed in world and in collection to armor 2.0 version with a fixed roll and can still get different rolls.
- No randomized perks on armor / replaced with energy and slots
- Each armor has an energy type and energy can be upgraded
- Only matching mods can go into matching armor. Armor with void energy either needs void mods or any type mods
- Each mod requires an amount of energy to slot into your armor
- Socketing mods cost glimmer
- Mods Don’t go away when used, mods are unlocked and kept and can be used however many times you want for experimenting builds. Unlocked mods last forever
- Armor energy upgrades cost glimmer / legendary shards / ascendant shards (new item)
- Fully upgraded armor gets +2 to all stats
- Multiple different sources for materials like enchantment cores and ascendant shards
- Can upgrade some materials into other materials somehow find out more at gamescon, but NF will be a part of it. More focus on being able to earn what you need without RNG
- Ammo finders are specific to each weapon now not just. Primary / Energy / Heavy and have been tweaked to work better than finders do currently in game.
- Looks like each armor has 3 mod slots with 10 energy at max level. So either 2 4 cost mods and a 2 mod for a total of 10 or any combo to get close to or at 10 points.
- Have to weigh what perks weapons have compared to how you want to play when it comes to socketing mods
- Mods have to acquire mods b4 they can be used. Mods will drop from 3 different sources. Gunsmith on rotations / Gunsmith packages / World Engrams or other pinnacle engram sources, no guesswork on how to get mods.
- Traction and other armor specific mods will still be in those specific pieces like boots and traction
- Armor energy types and mods will be shown on hover over in the character UI
- Universal armor ornaments are now a thing. Can equip what you want to your armor pieces.
- Exotics looks cant be overwritten like purples can but everything else can
- Can still use armor glows from Sol armor 2.0 pieces
- Fusion rifle and linear fusion rifle have different mods now not all under fusion rifles.
- Mobility / Resilience / Recovery / Discipline / Intellect / Strength are the stats on armor pieces now
- Pressing down while in a piece of armor now brings up the appearance screen for that piece of armor
- Still no shaders on exotic ornaments from what I can tell
- Bottom tree void hunter got a buff, need to get screen caps. Good synergy between smoke bomb and grenade now. Smoke bomb resets grenade. Grenade tick damage from grenade regens smoke bomb.
- Each piece of armor looks like it has at least 10 mods that can be used in it, haven’t seen under 10 per piece. Some showing more than 10 that can be applied
- Artifacts grant new mods over each season, will change in seasons.
- Mods dismantle into mod components than you can turn into banshee
- Ammo drops have glows now to show the working perks and an on screen buff to tell you
- Everything will drop 2.0 versions after Oct 1 – even old content
- Warlock auto aim buddy doesn’t break camo from a hunter.
- Classes are now shown next to character name in world.
- Enemies glow yellow / orange when you can proc a finisher. Subtle but noticeable
- WEAPONS OF LIGHT BUFF FROM DANCE DOME! CD when outside of dome
Furthermore, each person in a 3 man team will have the chance to build their guardian to their preference and playstyle. Overall, according to the piece of knowledge and presentation, it appears that Destiny 2 is focusing on a revamp that will enhance the gameplay experience for everyone.