Trainers, Niantic and Pokemon Go are celebrating the World Tourism Day with a new in-game event, new cool bonuses, new shiny Pokemon and new quests and rewards.
The very first World Tourism Day event is going live on September 26 and for one week, until October 1, players around the globe will get new cool features, Regional Pokemon in Eggs, new Shiny Pokemon and more.
World Tourism Day event Field ResearchTasks and Rewards
- Make a new Friend – Nosepass
- Send 25 Gifts to friends – Lapras
- Trade Pokemon caught 10,000 KM apart – Seviper or Zangoose. Reports are coming in that players from the Americas and Africa got Zangoose, while Europe, Asia and Australia got Seviper.
World Tourism Day event Features
- New UNWTO T-Shirt
- 5KM Eggs featuring: Farfetch’d, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Heracross, Corsola, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Lunatone, Solrock, Tropius, Relicanth, Pachirisu, Mime Jr., Chatot, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Heatmor, and Durant. Have in mind that they will be Region-locked again!
- Mime Jr. debut in 5Km Eggs in Europe + its shiny form
- Shiny Zangoose, Shiny Seviper in the wild
- 1/4 less Stardust for Trading Pokemon
- 2x XP for spinning PokeStops
For last, take a look at the new shiny Pokemon below.