Once a great MOBA, always a great MOBA. Dota 2’s Outlanders Update is scheduled to arrive today, inflicting striking changes to the core gameplay, but also adding two new heroes to the already existing pool. Most definitely, you probably know the upcoming heroes with their first showcase at TI9. SNAPFIRE and VOID SPIRIT are the ones joining the lineup, alongside “god know how many other tweaks” to the core gameplay.
Nevertheless, we’re here to follow with the patch notes onmce they’re release. For now, we can just speculate about the Outlanders patch ahead of its release. Some of the changes bound to arrive have been revealed, but most of them remain secrecy.
Compared to other TI events and the span between announcement and release of patches and heroes, the Outlanders is by far the longest one. It doesn’t comply with the release time of previous significant updates, meaning that Valve could be preparing something enormous. Today’s Dota 2 destiny is in Valve’s hands, as everyone is eagerly expecting the update to arrive.
Well, to praise the Outlanders update, there is expected to be a new game mode to minify the boredom. Knowing Valve, this could be something new that may have a strong impact on the community. Outside of the workshop games, everyone feels like Dota 2 needs a more versatile number of game modes and approves this maneuver.
This kind of anticipation hasn’t been noticed for a long time. Not in Dota 2’s history have every one been waiting for a new release constantly refreshing its steam library. I’ve been doing that myself to settle upon and experience the two new heroes among the first. The Outlanders patch is estimated to arrive today, and patch notes will follow in this very same article.
The first and mail patch notes have arrived, make sure to visit Dota 2 Outlanders’ official page.
- Each player now has their own courier automatically
- Courier now gains levels when your hero gains levels
- Courier movement speed reduced from 380 to 275
- Courier health reduced from 75 to 70
- Courier now provides 85 GPM while it is alive (this replaces the base 91 GPM that previously existed)
- Courier passively gains +10 movement speed, +10 health and +2 GPM increase per level
- Courier gains flying movement at level 5
- Courier gains Speed Burst active ability at level 10 (6-second duration +50% MS, 120 CD)
- Courier gains ability to use wards at level 15
- Courier gains Shield active ability at level 20 (2s duration, 200 CD)
- Courier gains ability to use items in general at level 25
- Courier vision reduced from 350 to 200
- Courier team bounty is now 25 + 5 * Level, xp is 35 + 20 * Level
- Courier respawn time changed from 120/180 ground/flying to 50 + 7 * Level
- Courier Return Items ability will now cause the courier to return home even if it doesn’t have items
- Observer Wards no longer cost gold
- Heroes now start with 3 Town Portal Scrolls
- Gold earned from killing an Observer Ward will now always be given to the player that bought the true sight
- Heroes that have recently applied damage or a debuff on an enemy hero that dies are now considered part of the area assist gold even if they are no longer alive or in that area
- Assist gold distribution multiplier for Net Worth ranking factor in the area is changed from multiplying based on the heroes in the area, to globally.
- Net Worth Ranking factor for Gold changed from 1.3->0.7 to 1.6->0.4
- Map layout redesigned [?]
- Heroes can now level up to 30. Once you get to level 30, you unlock the entire talent tree. XP requirement for the levels are 3500/4500/5500/6500/7500. Respawn time does not increase past 25. XP bounties max out at level 25 bounty values.
- Spell Immunity no longer grants 100% Magic Resistance (this means that all spells that are able to pierce spell immunity now deal damage as well)+ Show Details
- Removed Side Shops
- Bottle has been removed from the Secret Shop
- All Secret Shop items are now exclusively in the Secret Shop (this means Ring of Health and Void Stone are no longer in the base)
- Tier 2 Towers HP increased from 1900 to 2000
- Tier 2 Tower Armor increased from 15 to 16
- Tier 2 Tower Damage increased from 152 to 175
- Tier 2+ towers night vision increased from 800 to 1100
- Tower Glyph multishot targets increased from 2 to 4
- Glyph duration increased from 6 to 7
- Improved input processing to feel snappier, as well as fixing some rare input drop bugs
- Denied towers now give half of the bounty to the team that denies it and half to the other team (instead of 0 to both teams)
- Siege damage against heroes increased from 85% to 100%
- Fountain damage increased from 230 to 275
- Fountain now has 20% Accuracy
NEUTRAL UNITS BALANCE
- Neutral Cloak Aura no longer stacks
- Neutral Harpy Stormcrafter: Max mana reduced from 400 to 150
- Neutral Harpy Stormcrafter: Mana regeneration increased from 1 to 3
- Neutral Mud Golem: Hurl Boulder damage reduced from 125 to 75
- Neutral Ghost: Frost Attack move slow from 20 to 25%
- Neutral Ghost: Frost Attack attack slow from 20 to 25%
- Neutral Vhoul Assassin: Poison debuff now applies 35% Regen Reduction
- Neutral Centaur Conqueror: War Stomp cooldown reduced from 20 to 12
- Neutral Dark Troll Summoner: Ensnare cooldown reduced from 20 to 15
- Neutral Dark Troll Summoner: Raise Dead cooldown reduced from 25 to 18
- Neutral Ancient Thunderhide: War Drums Aura no longer provides attack damage bonus
- Neutral Ancient Thunderhide: War Drums Aura now provides 40% Accuracy
- Neutral Ancient Thunderhide: War Drums Aura attack speed bonus increased from 15 to 25
- Neutral Ogre Frostmage: Armor bonus reduced from 8 to 6
- Neutral Ogre Frostmage: Slow now works against ranged units as well
- Neutral Ogre Frostmage: Attack slow increased from 20 to 30