Trainers around the world have the best opportunity to meet other fellow Trainers at their local parks during the Pokemon Go Community Day event. This is the best part of the game – meeting new friends and having fun while catching Pokemon, right?
Once a month, the players have a special day called Community Day. Only on this day, the game introduces a Special Pokemon which appears quite often, but just for a few hours. Also, this Pokemon will know an exclusive move. There is an increased XP, more Stardust, greater Shiny rate and Lure Modules which last for three hours.
The very first Pokemon Go Community Day event was introduced last year, on January 20, 2018, featuring Pikachu as the Special Pokemon.
In 2018 we had 12 successful Community Day events, a lot of shiny Pokemon, and it looks like Niantic and Pokemon Go are not done here, and they want for this event to keep on going in 2019 too.
With that being said, we’re looking forward to 12 new Community Day events, a lot of shiny Pokemon and new, cool surprises.
2019 Community Day events
- The very first Community Day of 2019 went live on January 12, featuring Totodile as the Special Pokemon, 1/4 Egg Distance, and 3-hour Lures. Niantic also released the shiny forms of Totodile and its evolutions + Hydro Canon as the Special Move for Feraligatr.
- The second Community Day event of 2019 went live on February 16, featuring Swinub as the Special Pokemon, 3x Catch Stardust, 3-hour Lures, 10 Sinnoh Stones from PvP and Leader Battles, a Special Move (Ancient Power) and new shiny forms.
- On March 23 Niantic launched the third Community Day event, this time featuring new Special Pokemon, new shiny forms and new cool rewards. Treecko was the Special Pokemon, 1/4 Hatch Distance and 3-hour Lures the rewards, Frenzy Plant was Sceptile’s Exclusive Move and players around the globe got a chance to catch the shiny form of Treecko’s family. In addition, Niantic changed the event time and the Community Day event started from 3:00 to 6:00 local time.
- April 13 had Bagon as the Special Pokemon and players had new rewards: 3-hour Lures, 3x Catch XP, new Exclusive Move and three new shiny Pokemon.
- May 19 is when the fifth in a row CD event starts, and this time players had a chance to catch Torchic as the Special Pokemon, earn new bonuses, catch new shiny and learn new Special Move.
- On June 8 we got a chance to catch Slakoth + its shiny forms, earned new bonuses and learned new Special Move.
- July 21 introduced Mudkip, new bonuses, and new shiny Pokemon.
- On August 3 Pokemon Go players had a chance to catch the Special Pokemon Ralts, its shiny forms and earn new bonuses.
- September 15 will bring Turtwig as the new Special Pokemon, new shiny forms and cool rewards.
- October 12 from 11 AM to 2 PM Local Time. This time players around the globe had a chance to catch Trapinch, earn 3x Catch XP and 3-hour Lures.
- November 16 from 11 AM to 2 PM Local Time. Chimchar Community Day went live on November 16. featuring increased spawn of Chimchar, new shiny forms and new bonuses.
- December 14 and 15, from 11 AM to 2 PM local time to be the last CD event of 2019. Here are all the details about the last Community Day.
The list is now complete, and we can’t wait to see what 2020 will bring!
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!