Trainers, Niantic Wayfarer, PokeStop, and Gym nomination is now live worldwide, and only those who are Lvl40 will be able to submit nominations.
Here is an overview of the Wayfarer feature, thanks to Niantic.
Niantic Wayfarer is a platform where the Niantic community, Wayfinders, can nominate, review, and edit Niantic Wayspots across the globe. In doing so, while they explore they can help shape the future of their Niantic experiences.
Wayspots are unique places that exist in the real world that range from historic landmarks all the way to hyper-local street art. If a nomination gets enough positive reviews, it will become a new Wayspot and may populate Niantic games.
With Niantic Wayfarer, you can help shape future adventures for users of Niantic products by reviewing interesting places to play our games across the globe.
Wayfarer has its origins in Operation Portal Recon, which was originally built to enable Ingress Agents to nominate and review Portals and enrich their gameplay experiences. With Niantic Wayfarer, eligible players will be able to review nominations of local points-of-interest (museums, art installations, historical markers, etc.) so they can be added to Niantic products (e.g. Portals, PokéStops and Gyms). We value your perspective in helping us make our game experiences more meaningful!
For last, here is a useful guide that will help you to submit a nomination, thanks to Tanis5313.
Wayfarer Submit Nomination Guide
- When you nominate a PokeStop it to goes to Wayfarer to be reviewed by other players
- Once a review of the PokeStop is completed it will be either approved, rejected, is a duplicate, or too close to existing PokeStop. Rejected = not approved, will not go into any Niantic Game. Approved = will appear in at least one of Niantic’s Games (Ingress, Pokémon Go, Harry Potter Wizards Unite). Duplicate = This PokeStop already exists (no PokeStop generated). Too Close = Within 20 Meters of another PokeStop (no PokeStop generated)
- Review times for PokeStops will vary based on the number of total submissions and reviewers within a 250 KM radius
How to be successful at submitting?
- Download Ingress Prime and create a level 1 Pokemon Go Account
- Access https://intel.ingress.com/intel on a Computer
- Follow the instructions in the following Reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/9fn61y/tutorial_pogo_s2_plugin_for_ingress_intel/
- Once tools are active reopen Intel linked above.
- In the right corner locate PoGo Tools turn on S2 Level 14 and S2 Level 17 cells. This displays the cells.
- Turn on Google Satellite View
- This shows you all Waypoints in Ingress, this can allow you to find locations without Waypoints and look for items to submit and where the lines are to submit
What to submit:
- Baseball fields
- Batting Cages
- Football fields
- Soccer fields
- All-Purpose or Practice Fields
- Running Tracks
- Tennis Courts / Handball Courts
- Bowling Alleys
- Swimming Pools
- Recreation Centers
- Rock Climbing Walls
- Walking Trail Markers and Signs (not distance mile markers)
- ANY kind of informational sign (Storm Water Natural Runoff Garden)
- Fountains (not drinking fountains or water spouts in the middle of a pond)
- Named Gardens, Community Gardens
- Permanent Graffitti
- Large or Significant Artpieces
- Statues (unique, not mass-produced lawn/garden statues)
- Art referencing pop culture
- Metalwork sculptures
- Decorated Electric Boxes
- Parks (Park Entrance Signs)
- Named COLLEGE education buildings (E. Craig Wall Sr. Building of Business)
- Pollinator Gardens
- Named trailhead signs
- Walking trails
- Farmers Markets
- Park maps / info-kiosks
- Decorative weathervanes
- Ornate exterior clocks
- Public Beach accesses
- Dog Parks
- Museums and as many objects around museums as possible
- Community Gardens
- Restaurants, local owned “Local Hotspot”
What not to submit:
- Anything at Private Residential Property (Apartment Complexes are fine)
- Neighborhood Signs
- Apartment Signs
- K12 Schools (nothing on school property at all; colleges/universities being the exceptions)
- Day Cares
- Adult Places (Liquor Store, Smoke Shop etc) (Bars/Places Serving Drinks are fine)
- You can find additional info here.