Trainers, Niantic has just announced the Trade Evolution feature is being implemented in Pokemon GO! After being existent in the main Pokemon series, it is time to arrive at Niantic’s best mobile game. Using the feature and trading certain Pokemon will grant players to evolve Pokemon won’t cost a Candy at all.
That is not it. There are more Pokemon discovered in the Unova Region that is about to join Pokemon GO. They will start appearing in the wild, and they will undoubtedly benefit from the addition of trade Evolution. Niantic has also announced how exactly the trade evolution works.
- How it works: Trade an eligible Pokémon to lower the Candy cost to evolve them.
- Which Pokémon can gain Evolution benefits from trading? Kadabra, Machoke, Graveler, and Haunter are some Pokémon that can now benefit from trade Evolution. If you received one of these Pokémon in a trade in the past—congratulations! That Pokémon will retroactively qualify for no Candy cost when you evolve it.
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region that benefit from trade Evolution: Boldore, Gurdurr, Karrablast, and Shelmet are now appearing in Pokémon GO and will be eligible for trade Evolution benefits. And remember, Trainers: Boldore’s and Gurdurr’s Evolutions, Gigalith and Conkeldurr, might be a powerful Pokémon to have in your battle parties!
Below, you can find the Pokemon arriving in the wild, raids, and Pokemon hatching from eggs.
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Roggenrola, Tympole, Dwebble, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, Shelmet, and more.
- Pokémon hatching from Eggs:
- 2 km Eggs: Venipede and Dwebble
- 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Tympole, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, and Shelmet
- 10 km Eggs: Timburr, Tirtouga, Archen, and Axew
- Pokémon appearing in raids: Timburr will also be available in one-star raids.
- Pokémon appearing in the wild in certain parts of the world:
- North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
- Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
- Eastern hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
- Western hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin
Pokemon Trainers across the globe will have a lot to encounter!