Nvidia’s latest GPU drivers 442.50 offer enhanced experience by providing new optimal values for games such as Apex Legends, including other new releases. The driver should be available to all users across the globe and is instructed to be downloaded to avoid collision with the below-listed issues.
This update adds optimal gaming experience for Apex Legends, which means a one-click setup will be available, but also fixes multiple game crashes. Both Apex Legends and Mortal Kombat players have temporarily been facing difficulties with running their games correctly. Now, the crashing issue is gone.
BattlEye games should also have no interference with Nvidia as well. The driver is available to download through GeForce Experience or Nvidia’s official download page.
Game Ready – The new Game Ready Driver provides optimal support for Apex Legends: Season 4, The Division 2 – Warlords of New York expansion, and ARK: Genesis Part 1.
Game Ready Driver New Features and Other Changes
- Added security updates for driver components.
VRSS profiles added for the following VR applications to enable VRSS.
- Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
- Doctor Who
G-Sync Compatible Display – Added AOC AG271FZ2, AOC AG271F1G2, and ASUS PG43U to G-Sync Compatible list * Not listed in Release Notes but in the Driver Article
Game Ready Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [Apex Legends]: The game may crash with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887A0006. 
- [Mortal Kombat]: The game may randomly crash to the desktop without error 
- [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Vulkan][HDR]:Corrupted flickering occurs when in-game HDR is enabled. 
- [Battleye][Low-Latency Mode]: Launching Battleye with NVIDIA Low Latency Mode set to Ultra may cause DWM to reset. 
- [Twitch Studio]: The app shows corruption when Image Sharpening is enabled globally from the NVIDIA Control Panel 
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed crashes when playing in a water level. 
- [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Vulkan]: Game may flicker when in-game HDR is enabled. 
- [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: Random crashes occur during gameplay on Pascal and older GPUs.
Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- Windows 10 Only [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable. 
- Windows 10 Only [Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When playing the game in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering occurs after switching the game between full-screen and windowed mode.
- To work around, either disable G-SYNC or play using an API other than Vulkan.
- Windows 7 Only [World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth][DirectX 12]: The game crashes when switched from DirectX 11 to DirectX 12 mode.