Trainers, the Team Go Rocket Leaders are now live in the game and many players are wondering how to beat them, as they seem extremely strong, and what are the best Pokemon to use against them when in battle.
The three Team Go Rocket Leaders, Cliff, Sierra and Arlo can be encountered only with a Rocket Radar. This item can be ‘built’ when defeating Grunts and collecting the Mysterious Component. We must collect six Mysterious Components and only then we can ‘built’ the Rocket Radar, an item that can be used to find Team Go Rocket Leaders on the map.
As mentioned above, there are three TGR Leaders and each Leader has its own Pokemon lineup which they use in a battle.
Now, let’s see which Pokemon they use and how can we beat them easily.
Team Go Rocket Leader Cliff Best Counters
Cliff uses three different sets of Pokemon. On the list below, you can find their Pokemon on the left, and on the right, you can find the best counters.
#1 Cliff lineup and counters
- Pinsir (can be shiny) – Giratina, Togekiss, Ho-Oh, Giratina Origin and Moltres
#2 Cliff lineup and counters
- Omanyte – Sceptile, Machamp, Cacturne, Tangrowth and Cherrim Sunny
- Marowak – Dragonite, Gyarados, Ho-Oh, Articuno and Salamance
- Electivire – Groudon, Garchomp, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Golurk and Rhydon
#3 Cliff lineup and counters
- Swampert – Meganium, Tangrowth, Venusaur, Sceptile and Serperior
- Torterra – Chandelure, Mamoswine, Moltres and Pinsir
- Tyranitar – Breloom, Hariyama, Kyogre and Machamp
Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra Best Counters
Sierra also uses three different sets of Pokemon.
#1 Sierra lineup and counters
- Beldum (can be shiny) – Chandelure, Gengar, Darkrai, Volcarona and Blaziken
#2 Sierra lineup and counters
- Exeggutor – Durant, Giratina Origin, Heatran, Hydreigon and Darkrai
- Sharpedo – Breloom, Magnezone, Zapdos, Lucario and Machamp
- Lapras – Palkia, Dialga, Heracross, Machamp and Regigigas
#3 Sierra lineup and counters
- Shiftry – Scizor, Heracross, Heatran, Durant and Pinsir
- Alakazam – Darkrai, Weavile, Mew, Honchkrow and Houndoom
- Houndoom – Machamp, Hariyama, Garchomp, Swampert and Rhyperior
Team Go Rocket Leader Arlo Best Counters
Arlo also uses three different sets of Pokemon.
#1 Arlo lineup and counters
- Mawile (can be shiny) – Heatran, Flareon, Entei, Charizard and Chandelure
#2 Arlo lineup and counters
- Charizard – Regirock, Omastar, Zapdos, Relicanth and Rhyperior
- Steelix – Chandelure, Kyogre, Lucario, Moltres and Blaziken
- Blastoise – Leafon, Virizion, Dialga, Palkia and Zapdos
#3 Arlo lineup and counters
- Salamance – Glaceon, Weavile, Cloyster, Articuno and Porygon Z
- Scizor – Heatran, Ho-Oh, Magmortar, Blaziken and Entei
- Dragonite – Melmetal, Dialga, Regice, Alolan Sandslash and Suicune
You are all set now, so good luck and let’s catch ’em all!