Catching Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Go has always been a challenge and some players are very competitive when it comes down to catching the shiny forms.
The Shiny Pokemon in the game are rare to find and according to a “Shiny Analysis,” the shiny rates vary depending on the spawns. That being said the shiny rates for wild encounters are different from the ones during Raid Day events, Community Day events and/or other events.
For that matter, I’ve decided to dig a bit deeper and find out the exact shiny rates for wild Pokemon, Legendary Pokemon, Shiny from Eggs, Community Day Shiny rates, etc.
Different Shiny Rates exist varying per species.
Shiny Odds Divided
- Wild Encounters 1/450
- Event featuring common Pokemon 1/450
- Event featuring uncommon Pokemon 1/165
- Regional Pokemon 1/50
- Short events 3 days or less 1/150 (Safari Zone, Go Fest)
- Community Day December 1/90
- Meltan 1/60
- Event featuring rare Pokemon 1/55. Niantic often boosts the Shiny Rates of these Pokemon after the event.
- Baby hatches 1/50
- Event featuring specific Pokemon in Raids 1/45
- Community Day events 1/25
- Legendary Pokemon from Raids and Research Breakthrough 1/20
- Limited Research 1/20 (e.g. Lotad, Feebas, Castform, Clamperl)
- Raid Day event 1/10
There are still no reports about Shiny Alolan hatches and Earth Day events, so as soon as we have something you’ll be the first to know.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!