Pokemon Go New Events and Shiny Forms in March 2020
Trainers, there are more than 300 Shiny Pokemon available to catch in the game, and it looks like the numbers will increase, as Niantic and Pokemon Go announced a lot of events in March and a lot of shiny Pokemon as bonuses.
March is definitely a great month for ‘shiny hunters,’ and ‘shiny shadow hunters,’ and if you’re lucky, you might end this month with over ten new shiny Pokemon in your dex.
Niantic and Pokemon Go announced eight new events for March and a lot of cool bonuses, shadow Pokemon, new Research Breakthrough, Thundurus as T5 Raid Boss, Legendary Special Raid Weekends, Mysterious Weekend, Team Go Rocket global take over, Psychic Spectacular event and more.
So, to make it easier for everyone, I’ve made a list of all upcoming events, bonuses, new shiny forms, shiny comparison, and you can check it out below.
March Field Research Tasks and Rewards
A new set of Field Research tasks and rewards is live and players are reporting of seeing a new shiny form Spinda. The #6 Spinda is available when one completes the Make 5 Great Curveball throws in a Row.
There are a lot of shiny encounters as well, so you might want to check this list and find out more.
March Research Breakthrough
March Research Breakthrough is Ferroseed +Bonus Stardust and it will be available as a Research Breakthrough from March 1 until April 1.
March Team Go Rocket Special Research
Giovanni’s lineup has changed and a new Legendary Shadow Pokemon has to be rescued. This time, the Legendary Pokemon Entei is under TGR’s control and we must save by the end of March.
Thundurus in Five Start, Best Counters Listed
The dual-type Electric/Flying Legendary Pokemon Thundurus will be available in five-star Raids from March 2 at 1 PM PST. This Legendary Pokemon can be defeated by 2-4 players with the following Pokemon and moves:
- Rampardos with Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Rhyperior with Smack Down/Rock Wrecker
- Mamoswine with Powder Snow/Avalanche
- Terrakion with Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Tyranitar with Smack Down/Stone Edge
Legendary Special Raid Weekends and Shiny Legendary Pokemon
Every weekend, starting from March 6, players will have a chance to battle and catch Darkrai, Altered Forme Giratina, Cobalion, Lugia and their shiny forms in five-star Raids.
- Darkrai and its shiny forms will be available during the first weekend in March: March 6-March 9
- Altered Forme Giratina and its shiny forms will be available during the second weekend in March: March 13-March 16
- Cobalion and its shiny forms will be available during the third weekend in March: March 20-March 23
- Lugia and its shiny forms will be available during the last weekend in March: March 27-March 30
Take a look at the shiny comparison below:
Mysterious Weekend, Genesect Debut
During the third weekend in March from the 20th to 23rd, Niantic and Pokemon Go announced a new mysterious event. With the recent discovery in the GM file, it seems like they’ll introduce Genesect as part of a new Special Research paid event. They also revealed the following bonuses:
- Normal, Fire, Water, Electric and Ice Type Pokemon with increased spawn rate
- Nincada in the wild and 5KM Eggs
- Nincada Shiny form
- Karrablast and Shelmet from 5KM Eggs
- Bug and Steel Type Pokemon in one-star Raids
- 2x Catch Stardust
- 2x Hatch Stardust
Let’s take a look at Nincada’s shiny comparison:
Team Go Rocket Global Take over in March
The Team Go Rocket global take over event will begin on March 6-March 9 at 10 PM local time and during this period, players from all around the globe will receive the following bonuses:
- Poison and Dark Type Pokemon with increased spawn rate
- Absol increased spawn rate in the wild
- Shiny Skorupi
- On March 7 TGR Leaders, Boss and Grunts will be taking over more PokeStops
- Rescued Shadow Pokemon can be shiny
- During the take-over, you’ll be able to use a Charged TM to change a Shadow Pokemon’s exclusive attack, Frustration, to other Charged Attacks that that Pokemon can learn normally. Please note that if you purify the Shadow Pokemon afterward, it will still learn Return, replacing the attack learned via the Charged TM
- 2x Stardust from TGR Grunts and Leaders
Shiny Skorupi comparison:
Psychic Spectacular event
The Psychic Spectacular event begins on March 27-March 30, featuring:
- A new wave of Gen 5 Psychic-type Pokemon (Munna, Musharna, Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Solosis, Duosion, Reunicius, Elgyem, Beheeyem – this list is not confirmed, but these are the Gen 5 Psychic-Type Pokemon) in Eggs, Raids and in the wild
- Abra, Drowzee, Ralts, Spoink, Baltoy, Wynaut, Beldum, Gothita, and Solosis from 2KM Eggs
- Shiny Baltoy
- New Psychic Field Research tasks and rewards
Shiny Baltoy comparison:
March Community Day
March CD event will go live on March 15 featuring Abra and other bonuses.
Go Battle League Celebration Events
Niantic and Pokemon Go announced two Go Battle League events, the first starting from March 10-March 12 and the second from March 13-March 16.
#1 Go Battle League event
- Start Date: March 10
- End Date: March 12
- Skarmory, Swampert, Shieldon and more in Raids
- Registeel and Cresselia in five-star raids
- x2 Stardust from Raid Battles and Trainer Battles
#2 Go Battle League event
- Start Date: March 13
- End Date: March 16
- New Raid Bosses
- Altered Forme Giratina in five-star Raids
- Increased spawn rate of Fight Type Pokemon in the wild
- Shiny Timburr in one-star Raids
- Premium Battle Pass when you win all five battles in a set on the premium track of the GO Battle League
- 35 Battles per Day
- Bonus Stardust in the Go Battle League
Shiny Timburr comparison
March is full of in-game events, a lot of bonuses and new shiny Pokemon. Good luck and let’s catch ’em all!