Trainers, the Team Go Rocket Leaders, and their Boss will be taking over the Pokemon Go world as part of a global take-over event that will run from March 6-March 9, 2020. During this period, players around the globe will have a chance to earn cool bonuses, battle new Raid Bosses, catch new shiny forms and more.
The Team Go Rocket global take-over event is a two-stage event. The first stage is going live from March 6 at 8 AM to March 9 at 10 PM local time zone. Players will see an increase spawn rate of a specific type Pokemon and new shiny form.
Team Go Rocket Global Take Over Event Increased Spawn Rate
From March 6 until March 9 players, the following Poison and Dark Type Pokemon will have increased spawn rate in the wild:
- Absol (can be shiny)
- Skorupi (can be shiny)
The second stage is going live on March 7 from 2 PM to 5 PM local time zone. During this period Team Go Rocket will be taking over more PokeStops, rescued Shadow Pokemon from Team Go Rocket can be shiny, earn x2 Stardust and more.
Team Go Rocket Global Take Over Event Features
- Team Go Rocket Leaders Cliff, Sierra, Arlo and Team Go Rocket Boss Giovanni will be taking over more PokeStops. This means that you’ll have to choose your counters wisely and don’t let them take over our Pokemon Go world
- Rescued Shadow Pokemon from the Team Go Rocket Leaders can be shiny
- Here is a list of Shadow Pokemon that can be shiny when rescued: Beldum, Mawile, Meowth, Pinsir, Scyther and Sneasel
- During this event, you can use a Charged TMs to change Shadow Pokemon’s exclusive attack Frustration to other Charged Attacks. If you purify the Shadow Pokémon afterward, it will still learn Return, replacing the attack learned via the Charged TM.
- Team Go Rocket Grunts will drop 2x Fragments, so it will be much easier to locate TGR Leaders
- Defeating TGR Grunts will grant you x2 Stardust
Team Go Rocket Raid Boss List
The Raid Bosses’ list has changed and here is a list of Pokemon that will be Raid Bosses during the event.
- Tier 1: Alolan Grimer, Alolan Meowth, Timburr, Trubbish, Klink
- Tier 2: Mightyena, Sneasel, Mawile, Carvanha, Sableye, Alolan Exeggutor
- Tier 3: Umbreon, Alolan Raichu, Crawdaunt, Skuntank
- Tier 4: Alolan Marowak, Nidoking, Shiftry, Tyranitar
- Tier 5: Darkrai (increased) and Thundurus
You’re all set for the Team Go Rocket global take-over weekend event. Good luck!
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!