Escape From Tarkov, the most popular and realistic tactical first-person shooter has just deployed a new patch, 0.12.5. Together with it, a new Post FX effects, which will allow you to tune your imagery and get a desired point of view. The addition of the Post FX will diminish Nvidia Freestyle from existence. It is expected Nvidia Freestyle to become absent on May 1st.
Overall, we’re about to see a more realistic Escape From Tarkov experience, due to a big change that prevents players from doing two actions at the same time. For example, limb surgery will not allow you to fill your magazines, etc.
A problem everyone was buzzing about is the change of mouse sensitivity by using different optics. A dependence on high magnification scopes is being added so that players can cope with a more reasonable mouse speed.
Bug Fixes are no stranger in EFT, and they have taken a couple of spots in today’s update as well. Keep in mind that 0.12.5 is just a preparation for what’s to come, and that is 0.12.6, together with the new map that will support up to 40 players at the same time.
But to cut the talk and jump straight to the patch notes, check below:
Escape From Tarkov 0.12.5.6924 Patch Notes
Redesigned part of the optics functionality, which reduces the occurrence of errors and on some PC configurations gives an increase in performance while aiming.
Fixed some subsystems that could cause short-term freezes.
Various minor performance improvements
New Therapist service – quick treatment, available at the end of a raid. Allows you to heal the character
immediately after the raid, as well as shows the sources of damage in untreated parts of the body in the raid
“Hideout” and “main menu” are added to the panel at the bottom of the screen for quick access
In-game color correction settings (post-fx)
Various improvements to the UI layout
Added dependence of mouse sensitivity on the multiplicity of optics
- Fixed one of the bugs where the grenade and its explosion were not visible
- Fixed a bug with the missing image in optics after reconnect
- Fixed a bug displaying the movement of the bots in the third person
- Fixed a bug where money could be spent on insurance from the character’s inventory, and not from the stash
- Fixed a bug that blocked the entire interface when calling the context menu
- Fixed one of the bugs that caused the player to see the “Leaving the game” error before the end of the raid
- Bolt-action sniper rifles have a shot sound delay removed
- Fixed a bug where the sharpness setting was reset
- Fixed an exploit with a door pushing the player out at an Interchange that allowed you to get into a locked pharmacy
- Fixed a bug with displaying the map if you zoom in and out
- Fixed incorrect display of a third-person grenade throw
- Adjusted the position of the weapon behind the character’s back
- Fixed a minor bug that turned on the flashlight when getting into the Hideout
- Fixed cursor position offset when dragging windows (inspector menu\looting interfaces) for 2K resolution
- Fixed a bug that left the inspector window open if you close it via ESC
- Fixed a bug where aspect ratio changed every time the game was launched
- Fixed a bug where the stock of weapons in the inventory does not fold if the player is holding a melee weapon
- Fixed a bug where the context menu on the map screen disappeared
- Various bug fixes on locations
- Many different fixes in the interfaces
- Various bug fixes for AI behavior
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
- Location map moved from the matching screen to a separate button
- Now, when using items, the use of the new item is blocked until the use of the previous one is completed
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!