Trainers, Niantic and Pokemon Go revealed the details for Go Fest 2020, how to purchase a ticket, event bonuses and more.
Go Fest 2020 is a two-day event, and here is everything yo should know, thanks to Pokemon Go:
Pokemon GO Fest 2020 will take place over two days. Each day will provide a unique experience as well as a different Special Research story to enjoy. Trainers will be able to participate in both days of the event with one ticket.
Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Day 1: On Saturday, July 25, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time.
- Trainers can access a Special Research story that they can get only on Day 1.
- Five rotating habitats—themed around fire, water, grass, battle, and friendship—will feature special Pokemon that go along with that habitat’s theme. These habitats will rotate every hour, so each habitat will be featured twice during Day 1.
- Trainers will be able to work together in the Global Challenge Arena! This GO Fest–exclusive feature will be available only to ticket holders. In the Global Challenge Arena, Trainers will have a chance to join forces in order to complete a collaborative challenge each hour. If Trainers complete a challenge, they will earn a bonus for the remainder of the hour. You can check the Global Challenge Arena screen to keep track of global progress!
- Trainers will be able to encounter over 75 species of Pokemon in the wild, in raids, and by completing Special Research tasks.
Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Day 2: On Sunday, July 26, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time,.
Trainers will enjoy…something very different! We want the Day 2 experience to be a surprise, so ticket holders will learn what we have in store that very day. There’ll also be another Special Research story for Trainers to enjoy.
And that’s not all! Regardless of whether they have a ticket, Trainers in the US can order a commemorative Pokemon GO Fest 2020 T-shirt, available online from Pokemon Center. Visit PokemonCenter.com now to purchase a T-shirt (while supplies last).
There will also be free downloadable and printable paper crafts and decorations to help bring the Pokemon GO Fest experience to life for every Trainer in your household to enjoy. These will be available to download only for a limited time.
We’re working on a Pokemon GO Fest microsite, which will bring some of our favorite event activities to Trainers around the world. Just like the team lounges at an in-person Pokemon GO Fest, this site will give players a chance to take a break from catching Pokemon and interact with other Trainers, participate in fun giveaways, and get event updates. Stay tuned for more details!
How to purchase a ticket for Pokemon GO Fest 2020
Tickets to Pokemon GO Fest 2020 are now available in the in-app shop! Tickets are USD$14.99 plus any applicable taxes and fees (or the equivalent in your local currency). Tickets cannot be purchased with PokeCoins.
- In the shop, tap the Pokemon GO Fest 2020 image.2. Tap the Buy button.
- You’ll then see a pop-up indicating that you’ve received a ticket for Pokemon GO Fest 2020.
- After you tap OK, you can find the ticket in your Item Bag.
- A few days before the event, you’ll receive a medal. When you open the app during Day 1, you’ll receive access to the Pokemon GO Fest 2020 experience, including the first Special Research story! Make sure to open the app during Day 2 to receive the second Special Research story.
- After you’ve obtained the Special Research lines, you can complete them at any time. Tickets to this event are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service).
The lead-up to Pokemon GO Fest 2020 will bring weekly challenges
Trainers will enjoy an exciting summer of Pokemon GO events leading up to Pokemon GO Fest 2020! All Trainers globally, regardless of whether they have a Pokemon GO Fest 2020 ticket, will be able to enjoy three weeks of weekly challenges in the form of Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Timed Research lines. By completing these Timed Research lines, Trainers will unlock additional Pokemon appearances during Pokemon GO Fest 2020. Stay tuned for more details in a future announcement!
We’ll be donating Niantic proceeds from GO Fest ticket sales, committing a minimum of $5 million. Half of the proceeds donated will be used to fund new projects from Black gaming and AR creators that can live on the Niantic platform, with the goal of increasing content that represents a more diverse view of the world. The other half will go to US nonprofit organizations that are helping local communities rebuild.