Infinity Ward, the developer of Call of Duty: Warzone, the latest sensation in the Battle Royale genre, has warned of a harsh outcome for those who use third-party software to elevate their gameplay performance. From what appears, the developer has just updated the community that cheating is and will remain subject to penalty. Everyone who uses external hardware devices or applications will be dealt with.
On their official website, Infinity Ward stated the following:
- Minor offense: Users will be temporarily suspended from playing the game online, will have their stats and emblems reset, and will have their leaderboard entries deleted.
- Extreme or repeat offenses: Users will be permanently suspended from playing the game online, will have their stats and emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.
Infinity Ward hasn’t missed the opportunity to address those who tend to use glitches, game flaws that allow the players to gain any benefit. To those who swim in these waters, this is a dangerous place to be in, as it inherits the same rules as those who use third-party applications.
Furthermore, on Twitter, Infinity Ward has stated that more bans are imminent, and cheaters will remain the primary focus.
- Cheating will not be tolerated. More banwaves are coming. If you receive a ban it is for unauthorized manipulation of game data. Don’t fall for unscrupulous services offering cheats and modifications, these are fraudulent.
- Please do not use unauthorized 3rd party software to mod or hack. This includes tools such as hex editors, that equip items you have not acquired properly. We define this as cheating and there is no place for that in our game. This is a bannable offense and your risk losing your account.
- Unaothorized 3rd party software includes, but is not limited to aimbots, wallhacks, trainers, stats hacks, texture hacks, leaderboard hacks, injectors, hex editors or any software used to deliberately modify game data or memory. Don’t do it. This may result in being banned.
- Avoid tutorials and services that offer ways to modify your camo. Anything that suggests altering the memory on your console or PC in order to acquire new gear, items or loadouts beyond what is offered in-game is a hack, and is considered cheating. We will enforce accordingly, which may result in being banned.
It seems that Warzone has been swarmed with cheaters lately. More and more streamers are also feeling that unfair fights get to them way too much now. Waiting on Infinity Ward’s next ban wave, so we can talk more about it when it comes.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!