Players are ready to anticipate Red Dead Online’s upcoming update, which is considered to be the biggest one so far. Red Dead Online is a multiplayer version of the core game itself and allows players to hunt, conquer, and meet each other on the battlefield. Therefore, the Naturalist update is set to exceed the player’s expectations and will enable them to enjoy the online segment.
First and foremost, the Naturalist is a new frontier pursuit. It includes two different paths from which players can choose to get blood samples from wild but legendary animals in Red Dead Online. The Naturalist is here to spike more entertaining gameplay and allow the players to opt-in their favorite way of playing. Choosing between different paths is just the right way to go, as it will enable players to between aggressive and mild gameplay.
Hunter, named Gus McMillan, will assign players to work for him and acquire legendary pelts from legendary animals. With this, Naturalists will get an opportunity to unlock the new advanced camera, horse, and will also get the chance to strike new Mercy Kills when they deal with animals.
Aside from the Frontier Pursuit, this update also includes Outlaw Pass that will offer exclusive rewards. The daily challenges have also been updated, and they include a lot of better rewards. The Red Dead Online summer update has a size of 5.06 GB on PC, 5 GB on PS4, and 4.69 GB on Xbox One.
Below you can find the official RDR2 1.20 Patch Notes, as published on the official RockstarGame’s support page.
[July 28, 2020] New Content in Red Dead Online
- The world of Red Dead Online continues to evolve with a new Frontier Pursuit featuring a unique path and activities to help you carve out a life for yourself on the frontier.
- The new Naturalist Specialist Role opens a new path around tracking, studying and hunting animals. Naturalists get access to a new role progression, gameplay and several items. To gain access to the Role, visit the Welcome Center in the town of Strawberry to purchase the Sample Kit from Harriet Davenport to get started.
- Seven new Legendary Animal species, each with three different subspecies, have been added to Red Dead Online. Some subspecies can be found in the open world by purchasing maps from Harriet Davenport, while sightings of some rare subspecies may become available from Harriet as you progress through the Naturalist Role.
- Two new Naturalist Role related Free Roam Events have been added to Red Dead Online, and will become available via invites as you progress through the Naturalist Role:
- Protect Legendary Animal: Work with other players to free and escort a Legendary Animal species from Poachers
- Wild Animal Tagging: Cooperate with others to sedate and tag a certain number of animal species within the time limit
- Both Harriet Davenport and Gus Macmillan have set up stores in several locations across the world of Red Dead Online. Visit Harriet’s Naturalist Store to progress the Naturalist Role, purchase special tonics, and hear about unique missions to participate in. Alternatively, drop by Gus’ Store with animal provisions to craft new clothing items, trinkets and more.
- New missions to rescue animals from Poachers have been added to Red Dead Online. These can be started by talking to Harriet Davenport, and may appear dynamically throughout the world once you progress through the Naturalist Role.
- The Wilderness Camp has been added to Red Dead Online, unlocked by progressing through the Naturalist Role. This allows players to create a temporary campfire at a nearby location in the open world, with the ability for up to four players to sit, cook, craft and rest.
- Five new Dynamic Events have been added across the world of Red Dead Online for players to discover
- New sets of Weekly Collections from Madam Nazar have been added for Collector Role players, which can be sold for an additional bonus
- Several new Daily Challenges have been added to Red Dead Online in both the General Challenge and Role Challenge categories
- Several new Awards related to Naturalist, Moonshiner and Collector Role content have been added to Red Dead Online
- The Wheeler Rawson and Co. Club is available. Club membership is automatic and free, giving players rewards as they play during the Membership period from July 28th through October 19th, 2020.
- The Outlaw Pass No. 3 is available through the Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Catalogue for even more perks and rewards. Everything you unlock during the Membership period from July 28th through October 19th, 2020 and acquire during that period will stay with you permanently. Visit the Benefits section of the Pause menu for details on Reward and Offer availability.
- New items and variations of Clothing and Outfits have been added for male and female characters in Red Dead Online. These can be purchased from various places, including the stores of Gus Macmillan, Madam Nazar, General Stores and the Handheld Catalogue.
- Several new Tonics have been added to Red Dead Online, which can be unlocked and purchased at Harriet’s Naturalist Store by progressing through the Naturalist Role. These allow the player to control their weight loss and gain, increase resistance against weather effects and more.
- Several Animal Trinkets have been added to Red Dead Online, which provide some permanent benefits to player stats. They can be purchased from Gus’ Store by trading Legendary Animal provisions.
- Several new Crafting Recipes have been added to Red Dead Online, which can be unlocked and purchased at Harriet’s Naturalist Store by progressing through the Naturalist Role
- One new Horse breed with six coat variations has been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through Naturalist Role rewards:
- Gypsy Cob
- Several new items of Horse Equipment such as Saddles and Saddle Bags have been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through Naturalist Role rewards
- Two new weapons have been added to Red Dead Online, and can be purchased from the Gunsmith or the Handheld Catalogue:
- Elephant Rifle
- Improved Bow
- Three new weapon variants have been added to Red Dead Online, and can be purchased and applied from the Gunsmith once unlocked:
- Varmint Rifle – Naturalist Variant
- Improved Bow – Horned Variant
- Improved Bow – Wooden Inlay Variant
- Several new weapon modifications have been added to Red Dead Online, and can be unlocked through Club Rewards and Outlaw Pass Rewards:
- Components – Grip/Stock – Burled Grip
- Styles – Metal Material – Tempered Steel
- Styles – Engraving Material – Coloured Enamel (Red/Blue/Green/Yellow)
- Styles – Wrap Material – Cloth (Sage/Cobalt)
- The Advanced Camera has been added to Red Dead Online, purchasable from General Stores or the Handheld Catalogue. As well as improved manoeuvrability and the ability to use filters, it can be used to identify animals in the Animal Field Guide. Additional filters can be unlocked through Outlaw Pass rewards.
- One new Hairstyle each has been added for male and female characters in Red Dead Online, as well as the addition of new Hair Accessories for female characters. These can be purchased and applied through any Barber.
- Uncombed Balding (Male)
- Tangled Locks (Female)
- Six new Emotes have been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through various means. They can be purchased from the General Store or Handheld Catalogue:
- Take Note
- Confident Dance
- Formal Dance
- Rock Paper Scissors
- Beat Chest
- One new walk style has been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through Outlaw Pass Rewards:
- Four new Camp Flags, one new Cripps Outfit and one new breed of Camp Dog have been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through various means. Once unlocked, these can be purchased from the Wilderness Outfitters at your Camp.
- Three new Photo Studio Backdrops have been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through Outlaw Pass Rewards.
- Four new Photo Studio Poses have been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through Outlaw Pass Rewards.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!