At first, the announcement of Horizon Zero Dawn and its arrival to PC has been followed with a thorough excitement, which later traversed into a slight disappointment. Horizon Zero Dawn has been on a struggle, as there have been numerous issues that emerged. What’s left to say is that Guerilla Games is still trying to put a stop to all of the known issues and it is probably working on a daily basis to alleviate the same.
With today’s release of Horizon Zero Dawn patch 1.03, it is clear that Guerilla Games wants to get rid of all known issues, among which the snow deformation in the Frozen Wilds area is no more perceived. But that’s not all of it. The performance spike is also on a higher level simply because of the fixed 4K render.
- Some players are experiencing an out of memory error during the game optimization process.
- Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering or HDR not working correctly.
- Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
- We’re aware of and continue to investigate issues that are not yet solved on both the player-compiled lists by u/EvilMonkeySlayer and u/Rampage572 – thank you!
Please note: These notes may contain spoilers!
- Fixed a GPU resource leak which could build up over time and cause instability.
- Fixed a GPU hang that caused a crash that could occur when Asynchronous Compute was used.
- Fixed a crash when AI would try to aim at an invalid position.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when sound obstruction was calculated in highly detailed areas.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when moving the game to a monitor with different DPI settings while in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash on startup due to incorrect memory allocation.
- Fixed a GPU hang that would occur when the window was resized to a very small size.
- Fixed a progression issue where some players would remain a child and not transition to adult Aloy.
- Fixed an issue where snow deformation was not working correctly in the Frozen Wilds area.
- Fixed an issue where the Concentration skill could stop working.
- 4K Scaling – Fixed an issue where the game wouldn’t render at 4K properly on boot.
- Frame Rate Limiter – Improved Frame Rate Limiter functionality to be more accurate.
- Localization – Localized specific error messages.
- Windows Version Check – The game checks if Windows 10 Build 1809 or above is used (lower versions cause instability in DirectX 12).
- Minimum Spec Warning – Improved minimum spec warning message and options.
- Saving Issue Warning – Clarified text that is displayed when you do not have access to your My document folder or enough disk space.
- Player Profile Validation – The player profile is now validated and corrupt profiles (caused by manual editing or tweak tools) rejected.
What do you think about Horizon Zero Dawn’s 1.03 update? Let us know in the comments below!