As we all know, the WoW: Shadowlands beta is currently in power. It has been live for quite a while now. It is known that those who have cleared the high-end content in BFA have the highest chance to get access to the Shadowlands Beta, usually distributed through an Invite. But let’s get to our main topic. For the first time in a while, we are excited about the new graphics option and the availability of the Ray Tracing technology. An unbelievable remark for this timeless MMORPG.
For all those who didn’t know or haven’t been part of the Shadowlands BETA, the Ray-Tracing feature was available in the Shadowlands BETA since the start. With the release of Nvidia’s Driver 452.06, the Ray Tracing technology was just propelled to fully functional. It can finally be tested in the Shadowlands Beta (previously unavailable due to lack of driver support). Nvidia and Blizzard have finally enabled players who choose visuals over performance to have a lavish and beautiful sight.
Furthermore, Nvidia’s Driver 452.06 adds numerous other features, such as new G-Sync Displays, crash issues in other games, and posted the current known problems which are due to being fixed. Below you can find the full list of changes:
Nvidia Driver 452.06 Update Notes
Game Ready – This new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Besides, this release also provides optimal support for the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands pre-patch on the public test realm as well as for A Total War Saga: TROY and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2.
G-Sync Compatible Display – Added the following G-Sync Compatible Display:
- Acer XB273U GX
- Acer VG272 LV
- Acer XV272 LV
- Acer CP5271U V
- Acer X34 GS
- Asus PG329
- IO Data GC252UX
- Lenovo Y25-25
Game Ready Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [Shadow of the Tomb Raider][DirectX 12]: The game may crash when launched if Hardwareaccelerated GPU scheduling is enabled. 
- [Death Stranding]: Texture corruption may be observed during gameplay on GeForce GTX 16/ RTX 20 series GPUs. 
- [Path of Exile]: Black square corruption appears around characters.
- [Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed]: The game crashes when playing in a water level. 
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: The game starts to stutter after racing a few laps. 
- [Zhan Ge Jing Ji Chang]: Corruption occurs in the game when played in the Tencent mobile game simulator. 
- Several games randomly freeze for a few seconds during gameplay. Affected games include Assassin’s Creed Origins, Planetside 2, Assassin’s Creed III, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, and Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. 
- The NVIDIA Control Panel does not display the native resolution of some HDTVs if the timings are invalid. 
- Some displays may show a green tint when Windows Night Light is enabled. 
- Snow appears on the display upon waking up the HDMI monitor. 
- [Notebook][Turing] Display may show pixelated corruption on waking notebook from long display off 
Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- Windows 7 Only [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- Windows 10 Only [SLI][Red Dead Redemption 2]: With SLI enabled, the game may crash with ERR_GFX_STATE error pointing to nvlddmkm.sys after pressing [Alt]+[Tab].
- Windows 10 Only [SLI][G-SYNC][Red Dead Redemption 2 Vulkan]: With SLI + G-SYNC enabled, the games display corruption and a blank screen.
- Windows 10 Only [SLI][World of Warcraft Shadowlands]: Character images may flicker when SLI is enabled. 
- Windows 10 Only [World of Warcraft Shadowlands]: When run at frame rates greater than 60 FPS with high display settings, moving characters display minute twitching/stuttering. 
- Windows 10 Only [Sunset Overdrive]: The game may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from in-game settings. 
- Windows 10 Only [VR}: HDCP errors occur with Valve Index VR. 
- Windows 10 Only [Call of Duty – Warzone]: Freestyle does not work. (200593020) [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare]: Game may randomly show large frame rate drop with ray tracing enabled 
- Windows 10 Only [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. 
- Windows 10 Only [Fortnite]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to nvlddmkm.sys when playing the game at 4K resolution. 
- To work around, set the resolution to lower than 4k.
- Windows 10 Only [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable. 
- Windows 10 Only Video playback on the secondary display lags/freezes while playing a game on the primary display if Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled 
- Windows 10 Only [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- Windows 10 Only [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay.