It seems like August will be a very exciting month for Pokemon Go fans. We’re looking forward to a new batch of Field Research tasks, rewards, encounters, Spotlight Hour events every Tuesday, and the three upcoming Ultra Unlock Bonus week events. We are sure that you will be on cloud nine, mainly because Niantic decided to pack August up with many interesting events.
From the info we have, if you get seven stamps, as a Research Breakthrough reward you will get Scraggy. There is a big chance that you will get the Shiny version of Scraggy, so complete as many Field Research tasks as you can.
To refresh your memory, to get Field Research tasks, you need to spin PokeStops.
August 2020 Field Research Tasks and Rewards
- Catch 10 Pokemon: Magikarp (can be shiny)
- Catch 5 Pokemon with weather boost: Poliwag (can be shiny)
- Catch 5 Pokemon with Weather Boost: Poliwag (can be shiny), Vulpix
- Catch 3 Fighting-type Pokemon: Machop (can be shiny)
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokemon: Dratini (can be shiny)
- Defeat 2 Team Go Rocket Grunts: Hitmonlee
- Earn 3 Candies walking with your Buddy: Stunfisk
- Evolve a Pokemon: Combusken, Eevee (can be shiny)
- Give your Buddy 3 Treats: Makhuita (can be shiny)
- Hatch an Egg: Poliwhirl
- Make 3 Excellent Throws in a row: Larvitar (can be shiny)
- Make 3 Great Throws in a row: Onix (can be shiny)
- Make 3 Great Throws: Lileep (can be shiny), Anorith (can be shiny), Gastly (can be shiny)
- Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a row: Spinda #5 (can be shiny)
- Make 5 Nice Throws: Voltorb (can be shiny)
- Power Up Pokemon 5 times: Bulbasaur (can be shiny), Charmander (can be shiny), Squirtle (can be shiny)
- Send 3 Gifts to your Friends: Buneary (can be shiny)
- Take a Snapshot of a Fighting-type Pokemon: Manky (can be shiny)
- Trade a Pokemon: Onix (can be shiny)
- Transfer 3 Pokemon: Shroomish
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokemon: Croagunk (can be shiny)
- Win a Raid: Monferno
- Win 5 Raids: Aerodactyl (can be shiny)
- Win a Level 3 or Higher Raid: Kabuto (can be shiny), Omanyte (can be shiny)
NOTE: The 7-day research reward changes on August 1, at 1 PM Pacific (GMT -7) August reward will be Scraggy. If you prefer scraggy over July’s Larvitar, wait until then to redeem.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!