Microsoft’s next-gen console, Xbox Series X and S are a meticulous target at this moment. Shortly after the pre-orders have started, multiple retailers, including Microsoft’s official pre-order page, face meltdown. This seems to be caused due to an excessive amount of pre-order queries.
There are different Xbox pre-order scenarios.
- Microsoft‘s official website is facing a complete meltdown returning errors without being able to load.
- Gamestop is putting the pre-orders in the queue without anything happening.
- Amazon should be launching pre-orders shortly.
- Walmart is basically out of stock even if it looks that the pre-order goes through.
- Target is also facing some functionality issues, and is the next-gen Xbox consoles cannot be pre-ordered.
- Best Buy still doesn’t have the pre-orders enabled apparently and it says that they’re coming soon.
This is a very important, yet disappointing day for Microsoft, but also for those who try to purchase Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S on this day. Times and times over we have been proven that the pre-order day doesn’t work as intended.
Last but not least, Geoff Keighley, a known producer and figure in the gaming industry, has also noted that multiple tries of his have resulted in a failure.
My Xbox luck so far:— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) September 22, 2020
– Microsoft store: Not working
– Walmart: Added to cart, entered info, then told sold out
– Target: Claims I have max quantity in cart but I have Zero
– Best Buy: Says Coming Soon
– GameStop: ??? pic.twitter.com/rVkbuMau5D