After so long, we can finally get a breather. Sony has finally revealed the Price of the upcoming next-gen console of the PlayStation 5, which was kind of expected among the fans. As expected, the two different editions will have different pricing. The Digital edition will cost $399.99, while the Disc edition will be available for $499.99. Now that the rendezvous is here, are you ready for the pre-orders?
Now let’s jump onto the launch date. As per Sony, the launch date is designated for November 12, 2020, which is extremely close to Xbox Series X and S launch (November 10, 2020).
While Sony hasn’t discovered anything particularly during the broadcast, Geoff Keighley, the face of The Game Awards, has discovered that the PS5 preorders will start tomorrow. Coming from a renowned person, this statement is most likely to be true.
Shortly after, this was confirmed by sony, stating that PS5 pre-orders will be available starting as early as tomorrow as select retailers.
PS5 pre-orders will be available starting as early as tomorrow at select retailers.— PlayStation (@PlayStation) September 16, 2020
Just to make things complete, the specifications of the next-gen console clearly fulfill the range of its price. You can find them below:
- CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit
- Memory Bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal Storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- IO Throughput: 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed)
- Expandable Storage: NVMe SSD Slot
- External Storage: USB HDD Support
- Optical Drive 4K: UHD Blu-Ray Drive
Back to the original meaning of the event, Sony has also discovered multiple breathtaking video game titles, awaiting to be addressed in future articles of ours. Until then, take a deep breather, and try to soak today’s announcement thorouhgly.