Trainers, Niantic and Pokemon Go made some changes to the Mega Evolution feature, and trust me, you’re going to love it.
The Mega Evolution first appeared in Pokemon Go at the end of August 2020, and since then, players have been unhappy with Niantic and the way the Mega Evolution works.
Players had a few requests and luckily, Niantic and Pokemon Go agreed and already made a few changes to Mega Evolution.
Here is what the players asked for:
- The first Mega Evolution takes a large amount of energy
- The time limit to Mega Evolution does not feel worth the resources used to collect the Mega Energy required
- Other ways to gain Mega Energy
- The feature feels that you have to pay to Mega Evolve your Pokémon
- The second move of the Mega Evolution to be usable for free
- Mega Energy for the Mega Evolution when walking with your Buddy, just like the candy for regular species
Now, according to the official announcement, it looks like they reduced the cost to Mega Evolve a Pokemon for the second time and they increased the Mega Energy earned from Mega Raids.
Here are the changes now live in the game:
- To Mega Evolve Beedril for the second time, it now costs 20 Mega Energy instead of 25
- To Mega Evolve Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise it now costs 40 Mega Energy instead of 50
- This means the second time to Mega Evolve is being reduced by 20%
- Mega Energy earned from Mega Raids has been increased
Now, here are the numbers for the Mega Energy from Mega Raids:
Here are the changes they’re working on:
- Walking with your buddy to earn Mega Energy
- More ways to earn Mega Energy through research tasks and other gameplay
- Earning bonus Candy when catching Pokémon that share a type with your Mega-Evolved Pokémon
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!