Niantic has posted a list of events coming in October 2020. All trainers will have the opportunity to be a part of fresh Pokemon GO encounters, events, and surprises. From a research breakthrough encounter to different legendary bosses, the month of October offers a lot, not to forget the upcoming Halloween event. The annual Halloween event itself will include a brand new themed cup for GO Battle League Season 4, new avatar items and more.
October Research Breakthrough Encounter
Kicking off with the brand new October Research Breakthrough encounter at the start of the month, Shedinja, the shed Pokemon, will be available as a Research Breakthrough encounter.
Different Legendary Bosses
The month of October will also bring different Legendary Raid Bosses. It will involve Zapdos, Moltres, and other surprises such as Raid Hour event. Check the full schedule below:
- From Friday, September 25, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, October 2, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Zapdos will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- From Friday, October 2, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, October 9, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Moltres will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- From Friday, October 9, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, October 23, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Origin Forme Giratina will be available to challenge in five-star raids. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
- Stay tuned for details about a special Raid Boss that’ll be available to challenge during our Halloween event!
Pokemon Spotlight Hour
In October, there will be Pokemon Spotlight hour that will take place every Tuesday at 6 PM. This will spotlight different Pokemon and special bonuses each hour such. The full schedule can be found below:
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020: World Cap Pikachu will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020: Original Cap Pikachu will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020: Shuppet will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020: Duskull will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
October Limited Research featuring Alolan Meowth
Starting on October 10th, 2020, from 8 PM to 10 PM Local time, there will be exclusive Field Research tasks to encounter Meowth originally discovered in Kanto, Alola, and Galar, with new complete, timed research various bonuses such as Incense, Pinap Berries and Lucky Eggs.
In celebration of the Longchamp x Pokemon collab, a new fashion-themed event will take place from Friday October 2, at 8 AM, to Thursday, October 8, at 10 PM. This event will be bountiful, and all of the features can be found below:
- Special Pokémon wearing costumes will be appearing during the event!
- Smoochum that hatch from 7 km Eggs during this time will appear wearing a bow!
- Kirlia wearing a top hat will be appearing in raids! They’ll also know the move Draining Kiss.
- Shinx wearing a top hat will be appearing in raids!
- Croagunk wearing a backwards cap will appear in GO Snapshot as a surprise encounter! They may also rarely appear in the wild.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in the wild: Mareep, Skitty, Roselia, Kricketot, Croagunk wearing a backward cap, Blitzle, Cottonee, Minccino, Gothita, and more!
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Kricketot!
- Enjoy exclusive Field Research for the duration of the event.
- Dress up for fashion week—in person and in-game! Be sure to head to the shop for a free Longchamp avatar item in Pokémon GO. Then, you can match with your Trainer avatar by picking up the same Longchamp item in stores. For more information on availability, please visit the official Longchamp website.
Halloween is probably one of the most exciting holidays to imbue a high spike of entertainment among Pokemon GO Trainers. It offers special surprises, new research tasks and rewards, new avatar items and more. Like last year’s Halloween, we believe that new Shiny Pokemon may emerge, new Halloween costumes, and more. More about that we’ll talk once the time comes.
October has a lot more in store! For Halloween, you can expect new avatar items, a Halloween-themed cup for GO Battle League Season 4, and the annual Halloween event! There’ll also be an event celebrating Niantic’s anniversary and the changing of seasons. Stay tuned for more details!