Update: Trainers, Niantic and Pokemon Go made changes to Mega Evolution. Here is everything you should know as per their official announcement:
After listening to your feedback, we have made the following changes to Mega Evolution.
- The Mega Energy requirement to Mega Evolve a Pokémon that has already Mega Evolved before has decreased.
- The amount of Mega Energy that Trainers receive from winning Mega Raids has increased.
Here are a few adjustments that we’re working on implementing.
- Walking with your buddy to earn Mega Energy
- More ways to earn Mega Energy through research tasks and other gameplay
- Earning bonus Candy when catching Pokémon that share a type with your Mega-Evolved Pokémon
Previous Story: It is widely known that the community is not satisfied with the new Mega Evolutions. On their official Twitter account, Niantic has stated that they will change the system and that they will continue improving it.
The Pokemon GO community demands these features to be discussed and at some point changed or improved:
- The first Mega Evolution takes a large amount of energy
- The time limit to Mega Evolution does not feel worth the resources used to collect the Mega Energy required
- Other ways to gain Mega Energy
- The feature feels that you have to pay to Mega Evolve your Pokémon
- The second move of the Mega Evolution to be usable for free
- Mega Energy for the Mega Evolution when walking with your Buddy, just like the candy for regular species
Niantic Indigo has confirmed that they have read all the feedback, negative and positive about the new feature, Mega Evolution, and promise us that they will do everything in their power to make all of their wishes come true.
It is nice that a company like Niantic listens to their players, but we do not appreciate the fact that they have announced that there will be a Mega September event, while the system is still not in its best form.