id Software released a new update for Doom Eternal. Titled as Update 3 / The Ancient Gods , this update is estimated to refresh the game’s content by fixing the loot delivery, alongside other Battlemode changes towards the greater good. Furthermore, network latency is probably not going to be an issue any longer, as the update focuses on improving that segment. Overall, Doom Eternal’s Update 3 is a balanced update that focuses both on content and performance. For a detailed look, read the detail below.
The ancient Gods – Part One brings a whole new set of milestone challenges that grant numerous rewards.
The Ancient Gods – Part One has a whole new set of spicy milestone challenges, which when completed, grant cool gear like unique icons, player badges, menu backgrounds and even a gold plated Maykr Slayer skin for completing the new expansion campaign on Ultra Nightmare.
Judging by the changelog, Doom Eternal will also add a new text and voice chat prohibition system, which counters language toxicity in voice chat. The company encourages to report such players through the official channel and provide proof of the same.
Without further ado, below you can find the complete changelog for Doom Eternal’s Update 3:
New BATTLEMODE Updates for ALL platforms
- Players can now invite other players through platform interfaces
- Removed Ballista Destroyer Blade Mod and Plasma Rifle Microwave Mod from the Slayer’s inventory in BATTLEMODE
- Optimized loot drops (ammo/health) for better network performance
- Additional performance optimizations to improve network latency
BATTLEMODE Fixes for ALL platforms
- Fixed an issue causing the Super Shotgun to do more damage to a Demon player’s armored ability than intended
- Fixed an issue preventing Demonic Onslaught from increasing the Marauder’s shotgun damage
- Fixed a bug that caused Sticky Bombs to unreliably attach and explode to enemies in some cases
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause Shield Soldiers to spawn with their shields detached
- Fixed a movement bug that caused Carcass and Cacodemon attacks to move the Slayer in the wrong direction
- Fixed a bug where the Demon Player HUD only displayed the first two digits of the cooldown timer for instant resurrect and team heal
- Fixed an issue where Cacodemons sometimes failed to drop health when killed
- Fixed an Arachnotron issue resulting in the Arachnotron’s turret occasionally failing to destroy when shot with the Precision Bolt, Sticky Bomb or Ballista
- Fixed animations in 1st person for when Demon players execute a ledge grab immediately after taking damage
- Fixed a bug causing demon players to not receive their 4th round upgrade until the next round in some situations
BATTLEMODE Fixes for PC Only
- Fixed an issue where the Slayer’s speed in BATTLEMODE increased based on framerate
- Fixed a bug causing Lock-on rockets to not properly display damage feedback for demon players
- Fixed aim assist for Marauders to not be affected by framerate
- Fixed Revenant dash to not be affected by framerate
- Fixed an issue where weapon tracers would appear to pass through the Archvile’s flame wall
- Fixed Slayer’s weapon remaining in place when being killed mid-weapon swap
- Fixed an audio issue that could cause a metallic sound to loop indefinitely during matches on Torment
General Updates – for ALL platforms
Text and Voice Chat Prohibition system
- Players who are reported by others for toxic language in voice or text chat will be notified that they are blocked from using those features
- Report toxic players here. Please provide screenshots and or videos when possible.
General Updates – for PC Only
Automated crash dump generation
- PC crashes dumps will automatically write to the following folder: C:\Users\username\Saved Games\id Software\DOOMEternal\Crash Dumps
- Visit this link for crash report and dump file upload instructions