Nvidia has released a new driver that adds support for the RTX 3070 and adds support for Watch Dogs Legion. Despite the new features and additions, driver 457.09 raises slight issues with one video game, and that is CoD: Warzone. The RTX 30 series owners may see a drop in performance during gameplay, which is why Nvidia transparently posted this potential issue in the driver changelog.
In general, this update also introduces a number of Game Ready Driver Fixes, among which For Honor’s latest crash issue on RTX 30 series is addressed. While players that love CoD: Warzone and have the Battle Royale game in their primary focus during this time may need to avoid this driver update, For Honor players must install it, so we genuinely hope you’re not into both of those games at the time being.
For a complete breakdown of the changes, make sure you take a look at the section below:
Game Ready – This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Watch Dogs: Legion. In addition, this driver provides optimal day-1 support for DiRT 5, Ghostrunner, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered, and Xuan-Yuan Sword VII.
New Features and Other Changes
- Added support for GeForce RTX 3070.
- NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings: “Max Q Dynamic Boost” setting renamed to “Dynamic Boost”.
Game Ready Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [Turing GPU][Notebook]:On some Turing-based notebooks, users may see a black window when playing back a video in a web browser. 
- [For Honor][RTX 30 series]:Game will crash to desktop when launched on GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards. 
- Random flicker may occur in multi-monitor configurations when G-SYNC is enabled. Flickering occurs on Dell S2417DG and Dell S2716DG monitors.when playing YouTube or Twitch videos at 144 Hz. 
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: The game may crash to the desktop when starting a race. 
- Users may see a black screen when launching a game on a monitor using DSC (Display Stream Compression). 
- [G-SYNC]: With G-SYNC enabled on some Freesync displays, half of the screen goes black. 
Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- Windows 7 Only [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- Windows 10 Only [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. 
- Windows 10 Only [Freestyle/Ansel]: After launching and then closing Star Wars: Squadrons, Freestyle/Ansel stops working on supported games. 
- To work around, reset the NVIDIA Control Panel global 3D settings. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings page, then select the Global Settings tab, click Restore and then click Yes at the confirmation dialog.
- Windows 10 Only [Freestyle][Vulkan apps]: With the freestyle filters applied, a blue-screen crash occurs when pressing [Alt+Tab] while running Vulkan applications. 
- Windows 10 Only [Warzone][RTX 30 series]: Users may see a drop in performance during gameplay.
- Windows 10 Only [Sunset Overdrive]: The game may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from in-game settings. 
- Windows 10 Only [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. 
- Windows 10 Only [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- Windows 10 Only [Notebook][RTX 2060]: Notebook display may flicker or turn black when Microsoft Hybrid Graphics is disabled. 
- Windows 10 Only [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. 
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!