One of the most important features in Pokemon Go is to earn experience and level up. Leveling up is not that hard and the only thing a player has to do is to earn experience for different actions. Some actions will give you less XP, while some will give you more.
Earning XP in Pokemon Go will lead you to a higher Trainer Level, and the higher your Level, the more in-game elements a player would see. Also, the higher your Level, the better your chance of finding a rare Pokemon.
Each level grants you a number of items, and you can also unlock more powerful items that will start appearing from Pokestops after some time.
The level rewards are mostly PokeBalls, Potions, Revives and Berries, but every five levels the players get additional Incense, Lucky Eggs, Egg Incubators and Lure models.
According to reports, reaching Level 40 can take somewhere between five days and 2,3 years. Let me break it down for you.
Level 40 = 20,000,000 XP
Reaching Level 40 in Less than a Week
If Niantic and Pokemon Go launch an Adventure Event similar to the one back in 2018 and up to x10 extra XP for spinning the Photo Discs at new PokeStops or Gyms, then you can reach Level 40 in less than a week. I guess spinning 4,387 PokeStops is not a problem, right? Well, this German Pokemon Go player did it and what is even more interesting is that he caught only one Pokemon.
Reaching Level 40 in 3 Months
With the Friends and Gifts feature, a new player (Level 1), can hit Level 40 in 3 months. Here is how:
- A player can earn 163,000 XP per friend once both of them reach the Best Friend Level – that’s 326,000 XP using a Lucky Egg
- It takes only 1 new Friend to open a gift daily and increase your friendship level
- A player can send up to 100 gifts daily. However, one player can open only 20 Gifts per day
- One player needs 123 players to earn 20 million XP in just 3 months and that’s without using a Lucky Egg
- 100 friends x 163,000 XP = 16,300,000 XP
- Assuming the new player spins 250 PokeStops daily to obtain those 100 gifts and earning 50 XP per PokeStop all over 3 months: 250 x 50 x 90 = 1,125,000 XP
- Sending 100 gifts per day and earning 200 XP per gift: 100 x 200 x 90 = 1,800,000 XP
- And the daily bonuses 12 x 2,000 + 90 x 500 = 69,000 XP;
- Total – 16,300,000 + 1,125,000 + 1,800,000 + 69,000 = 19,294,000 XP
Reaching Level 40 in 2, 3 Years
A casual Pokemon Go player who spends 1-2 hours per week playing Pokemon Go will reach Level 40 in 2 or 3 Years and that’s with all the x2 and/or x3 XP events.
Reaching Level 40 is a goal for many Pokemon Go players, but please have in mind that Level 40 doesn’t mean that your account is the ‘strongest’ and no one can beat you – it means that you’ve only reached a number and nothing else. What matters are the Pokedex, Pokemon CP and Pokemon movesets.
What’s your level? Let us know in the comment section below.