Update: Trainers, Niantic and Pokemon Go announced the fifth-anniversary special event.
The event will begin on October 4 from 11 AM to 5 PM local time featuring:
- 2× Lucky Egg duration
- 2× Star Piece duration
- 2× Catch XP
- 2× Hatch XP
- 1/2 Hatch Distance for Eggs placed into Incubators during the event
- Complete the Niantic Birthday Event Timed Research during the event period to receive an Incense, an Egg Incubator, a Lucky Egg, a Fast TM, a Charged TM, a Star Piece, and more
- Team GO Rocket Balloons will be appearing more often than usual
- 1 PokéCoin Niantic birthday event box featuring 30 Ultra Balls will be available in the shop from Saturday, October 3, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, October 5, 2020, at 1:00 p.m.
- Additionally, be on the lookout for a surprise “party favor” giveaway happening on Niantic’s official channels during the week following Niantic’s birthday!
Previous Story: Trainers, Niantic and Pokemon Go will be celebrating Niantic’s 5th anniversary with a new in-game event.
Niantic, Inc, an American software development company with its base in San Francisco, was formed in 2010 by a man called John Hanke. It first was called Niantic Labs as an internal startup company within Google.
The name was inspired by the whaling vessel Niantic. Niantic is best known for its development of the AR games Ingress, Pokemon GO, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
As you know, their birthday is coming, so they announced that they will be doing a Birthday event in the game, but they didn’t reveal any details.
As soon as we have more information on this, we will make sure to post it immediately. Keep on checking our website.