Trainers, Niantic and Pokemon Go revealed details about Team Go Rocket’s Strange Eggs, Shadow Pokemon, Shadow Mewtwo and more.
Here is an overview of the limited-time event:
Date + Time
Monday, October 12, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, October 19, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Strange Eggs have appeared in Pokémon GO! According to Spark’s early research, the following Poison-type Pokémon, Dark-type Pokémon, and Pokémon that acquire one of those types via Evolution can hatch from these Eggs: Larvitar, Scraggy, Trubbish, and Vullaby—though there may be even more!
- Defeat a Team GO Rocket Leader to receive a Strange Egg, and walk 12 km to hatch it. You’ll need to have space in your Egg inventory before your battle with Sierra, Cliff, or Arlo in order to receive a Strange Egg. Strange Eggs will continue to be available in Pokémon GO after the event ends.
- Eggs placed in Incubators during the event will require one-quarter the normal walking distance to hatch.
- For the first time since March, new Team GO Rocket Special Research will be available! Join Professor Willow as he and the team leaders investigate Team GO Rocket’s involvement with Strange Eggs, culminating in a battle with Giovanni himself! This is the last Team GO Rocket Special Research in 2020. If you currently have the The Shadowy Threat Grows Special Research from earlier this year, you’ll need to complete it first before you can obtain this new Special Research.
- Poison-type and Dark-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild! Look forward to encountering Spinarak, Houndour, Poochyena, Gulpin, Stunky, Purrloin and more.
- Team GO Rocket will be more active than usual! Keep an eye out for Team GO Rocket taking over more PokéStops and Team GO Rocket balloons appearing more often.
- Take a snapshot for a surprise!
- Team GO Rocket Leader avatar items are now available in the shop. Perhaps you could use these avatar items to infiltrate and investigate Team GO Rocket! GO forth, Trainer!