Pokemon Go Verizon Special Weekend Event, Only in the US
Hello dear Trainers! A few moments ago, Niantic has announced that they will have a new partner alongside them, Verizon. Verizon is the most known company in the United States with the most reliable network across the country.
Together with the Pokemon GO team, they will bring their users the best PoGO experience with many in-game benefits for every trainer in the U.S. Verizon will have their own sponsored PokeStops, Gyms and Gifts, which is not the end. There will be special events and bonuses which will be provided by Verizon.
We know that you are eager to find out what this event will be, so here it is. Starting today, October 20, 2020, the ones that are eligible Verizon users across the United States (which means that the players who are subscribed to Verizon mobile plans) will be able to participate in the exclusive event on November 7th, designed by Verizon. Down below you will see the guide on how to get the ticket.
The Special Weekend event, as they call it, will begin on Saturday, November 7th, 2020. There will be an event-exclusive Timed Research and special Pokemon that will be attracted to Incense on that day starting from 11:00 a.m. and will end at 2:00 p.m. local time across the United States. To top this off, the ones who will participate in the event will get an exclusive event medal.
When you complete the special Timed Research, you will get XP, Stardust, three Incense, Star Piece, 100 Charizard Mega Energy and encounters with one of these Pokemon:
- Chansey, Spoink, Absol, Bronzor, Gible, and Sewaddle
As we mentioned above, some special Pokemon will be attracted to Incense, which are:
- Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu, Unown V, Unown Z, Sableye, Patrat, Minccino, and Ferroseed (its Shiny form included)
To our discontent, there will not be a Shiny Unown during this event, and Niantic mentioned that if you activate Incense during this event, it will last for one hour.
Besides this, if you are eligible, you will see special Verizon avatar items, which you can get them by signing in to the Verizon Pokemon GO page, which will give you codes to redeem them. If you do this, you will get a Verizon Mask and a Verizon Hoodie.
The abovementioned codes will be available from Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Codes must be redeemed on the Niantic Offer Redemption portal from Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Only one code can be redeemed per Pokémon GO account.
We guess that this is kind of disappointing, but Niantic said that they will update this at a later date.
How good it is to partner up with a big company, isn’t it? As you can see, they are showering us (Verizon eligible users only!) with exclusive items, special events, tickets and whatnot. There also will be sponsored Verizon gifts and Sponsored Field Research tasks which you can get from spinning a selected PokeStop. Inside the gifts, there will be in-game items and a special message from Verizon for you.
They even planned out events for 2021. Verizon will “host” scheduled Legendary Raids in the local Verizon Gyms, but their location and time are still unknown.
We decided to write down the way you can get a Special Weekend ticket, so here it is:
- The first thing you need to do is to sign in to the Verizon Up rewards program app with your Verizon ID or mobile phone number. Only one ticket can be redeemed per Pokémon GO account. Codes are personal and cannot be transferred. If you’re eligible, unlock your tickets here.
- Tickets will be available in the Verizon Up app for eligible Verizon users from Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Saturday, November 7, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. PST (GMT −8).
- After claiming your tickets through Verizon, Trainers need to redeem them on the Niantic Redemption portal, from October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7), to November 7, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. PST (GMT −8). Redeem the codes on the Niantic Redemption portal to unlock them in the Pokémon GO app.
Keep in mind that this is for Verizon users only. What do you think about it? Do you like this partnership? Sound off below in the comments section.
Once again the states get the events and the rest of the world go without well done niantic keep fucking it up
Hey, not only is it exclusive to the States, it’s also only for Verizon customers. I think Niantic is itching for an antitrust lawsuit.