CoD: Black Ops Cold War has been out for just enough time for Treyarch to realize and get rid of all the bad occurrences in the game. Hence, a new patch has been released to tackle multiple issues. Those are spawn adjustments, bug fixes, and improvements as per Treyarch’s official statement. The most exciting would probably be the spawn rotation, which felt like one of the worst implementations literally in the whole franchise, for which players were getting very frustrated.
Considering the map sizes, spawn swapping was becoming a tedious factor in each game, which usually triggered as soon as one player pushed enemies’ spawn, pushing the other team to start spawning on the opposite side of the map and overlap with some already existing players which induced a spawn-camping feeling. Some of the more annoying spawn rotations were bound to specific game modes such as Hardpoint. Thanks to today’s update, spawn rotations are going to become much more fluid and probably won’t force spawn swaps that fast.
Furthermore, the developers have potentiated the upcoming Nuketown ’84 map will release tomorrow at 10 AM PT! While the live link of the current patch notes is currently broken, the November 23rd patch is supposed to adjust the spawns, fix bugs, and add improvements to the game. Once the link with the patch notes becomes available, we’ll post the official patch notes below:
- Adjusted Hardpoint spawn logic to reduce average travel time to active Hardpoints.
- Adjusted enemy weighting for spawns in Crossroads Strike and Armada Strike.
Fireteam: Dirty Bomb
- Addressed a UI error that could sometimes occur when loading into a match of Fireteam: Dirty Bomb on Ruka.
- Addressed an issue that would prevent Flak Jacket from properly protecting the player from explosive damage in Hardcore modes.
- Addressed an issue where the player could earn Field Upgrade charge while their Ring of Fire was currently activated.
- Addressed an issue that sometimes caused zombies to use their ranged attack unexpectedly.
- Addressed a rare issue that could rarely cause the Megaton to be permanently invincible after splitting.
- Added various stability fixes.
We’ve implemented new spawn adjustments, stability improvements, and bug fixes in our latest #BlackOpsColdWar update.
Patch notes: https://t.co/S0Cg4rdDMo
See you in Nuketown ’84 tomorrow at 10AM PT! pic.twitter.com/hDlNHwBxOT
— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) November 23, 2020