Apex Legends Season 7 Ascension Patch Notes revealed
It seems that just a day ahead before the kick-off of Apex Legends’ season 7, the developer Respawn Entertainment has decided to reveal the full patch notes. Now we know exactly what’ll change in detail, and we cannot wait to jump onto it. Apex Legends Season 7 is also known to add vehicles to Apex Legends, which will be for the very first time in its history. Since the release of Apex Legends, there hasn’t been any transport option that allowed faster rotations, specifically because of the fast-pace the game had.
Ascension, the patch notes discover a lot of new stuff, including a New Legend named Horizon, a brand new map, Olympus (the only soil to play on for 2 weeks after launch before the rotation becomes live), and the long-awaited vehicle, the Trident. Apex Legends’ hovercar is designed for multiple people, but can also perform various stuns. Judging by its official description, it feels like the new hovercar will be very exciting to drive.
Cruise the highways to avoid chokepoints or use the boost to soar over jumps, this thing is made to speed up those early game rotations. Drive in third person, or ride as a passenger in first person with full shooting capabilities. The Trident is durable, so it will never explode, but damage applied from enemy fire will be dispersed amongst the players in the car. Don’t worry, you can still do full damage to players by hitting them directly so we expect to see some amazing Kraber shots. Disembark to park it anywhere and use it as makeshift cover in the late game.
The Trident interacts with Legend abilities in many different ways, experiment and have fun!
Other quality of life updates are going to take place, but many legends have also received their fair share of tweaks.
QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES
Attachment Swap Improvements
When replacing an attachment with one from the ground, if the old attachment is an improvement for your other weapon, the old attachment will get automatically transferred.
- For Season 7, we have removed weapons from the crafting pool and have replaced them with Shield batteries. The high level attachments will still be tailored towards a weapon category.
- We now prevent other players from picking up items that you crafted for the first 5 seconds after crafting. This can be disabled by pinging the item.
Air Drop Clarity
- The colors of the beams have been changed to differentiate between normal airdrops, Lifeline’s airdrops, and Replicator airdrops. Normal drops are a light tan, Lifeline’s drops are blue, and Replicator drops and teal.
- All of the airdrops’ landing area FX while it’s coming down matches their colors.
- Airdrop beams still stay visible when close to the airdrop, instead of fading when you get close. The beam still disappears when the pod is opened.
- The Arc Star now shows an Arc Star model when one is thrown near you, instead of a grenade.
- Added a new VO line when you are using a Phoenix Kit
- Added a new VO line when you drop a Holo Spray
- You can now ping ammo in your inventory to request more from your squad
- Made modifications to The Ring to reduce the amount of unplayable space in the circles.
The playable characters in Apex Legends have also seen changes to some of their abilities. Some buffed, some nerfed, you can check the complete list of changes below:
- Rolling Thunder: Reduced the time it takes for explosion from 8 seconds to 6 seconds.
- Nox Gas Trap/Nox Gas Grenade: Legends no longer get a blurred vision effect while in the gas. Damage updated from 4-10 ticks of damage to 6-12 ticks of damage.
- Psyche Out/Life of the Party: Decoys now have 45 health
- Swift Mend: Doubled healing rate (from 0.5 hp/s to 1.0 hp/s)
- Perimeter Security: Increased damage per touch from 10 to 15.
- Black Market: Ammo taken no longer counts towards Black Market’s maximum. You can scoop up all the ammo in range.
- Sheila: Now takes 1.25 seconds to fully spin up, down from 2 seconds.
- Amped Wall: Now takes 3 seconds to fully build, down from 4 seconds.
Last but not least, the bug fixes that are estimated to arrive with the start of the new season can be found below:
- We’ve made some advancements in footstep audio playing more reliably. We have more work being done that we’ll continue to roll out as it gets completed.
- Fixed an issue with ziplines going through platforms when deployed from underneath.
- Fixed an issue with priming a grenade cancelling Wraith’s ultimate.
- Fixed an issue with getting stuck in double jump after using a jump pad.
- Fixed an issue with Octane being able to use healing items while on a zipline.
- Fixed an issue with his drone being able to drop items from Crypto’s inventory.
- Fixed an issue with his drone not being able to fit through certain windows.
- Fixed an issue with his drone marking friendly Mirage decoys as enemies.
- Fixed an issue with Revenant getting pushed into geo when his totem was deployed in tight spaces.
- Fixed an issue with Rampart not being able to place an amp wall while jumping.
- Fixed an issue with Sheila teleporting when placed on a hatch in World’s Edge Staging.