Arkane Studios’ Deathloop has revealed its new release date. At first, this surprise was considered to be a rumor, for later to become a reality. The release date of Deathloop is designated for May 21st, 2021, on PS5 and PC without any further promotions. The reveal of the release date was announced on the PS5 Store in New Zealand (both the Standard and Deluxe editions).
Furthermore, the game will require a PS Plus subscription to play it online. It will also support up to two players online. Deathloop is a first-person shooter created by Arkane Lyon, the developers behind Dishonored. Even though acquired by Microsoft, Deathloop will still be a PS5 exclusive. According to the official game description:
DEATHLOOP is a next-gen first person shooter from Arkane Lyon, the award-winning studio behind Dishonored. In DEATHLOOP, two rival assassins are trapped in a mysterious timeloop on the island of Blackreef, doomed to repeat the same day for eternity. As Colt, the only chance for escape is to end the cycle by assassinating eight key targets before the day resets. Learn from each cycle – try new paths, gather intel, and find new weapons and abilities. Do whatever it takes to break the loop.
The PS5 store also discovered the pre-order bonus:
- Unique Weapon: Royal Protector Machete (PS5 Exclusive)
- Character Skin: “Storm Rider” Colt
- One Trinket (equippable buff)
The deluxe edition will have some extra assets:
- Unique Weapon: Transtar Trencher (PS5 Exclusive)
- Unique Weapon: Eat The Rich Tribunal
- Unique Weapon: .44 Karat Fourpounder
- Character Skin: “Party Crasher” Colt
- Character Skin: “Sharp Shooter” Julianna
- Original Game Soundtrack Selections
- Two Trinkets (equippable buffs)