Trainers, the Pokemon Go HOME feature is now live in the game, and transferring a Pokemon from Pokemon Go to HOME for the first time will grant you Melmetal.
This is a new feature, and we’re still gathering info on how it works, how much does it cost to transfer a Pokemon, do any forms revert when transferred, which Pokemon can and can’t be transferred, etc.
That being said, here is everything we know so far.
Pokemon Go to HOME
- Go into your setting menu and scroll to the bottom. There is now a Pokemon HOME option that lets you link your Nintendo account and get started
- You can then access the HOME Transporter and send Pokemon
- HOME Transporter uses Energy
- The GO Transporter will be fully charged the first time you send a Pokemon to Pokemon HOME, and afterward it will automatically accumulate energy over time
- You can also charge your GO Transporter immediately by using PokeCoins
- Transfering any Pokemon will give you a Melmetal capable of Gigantamax. You can then transfer it to Sword and Shield
- At the moment of writing, there is an LVL40 requirement
- Transporter Max Energy is 10,000
- Energy Gain per Hour is 60
- Transferring Legendary Pokemon will cost you Energy – Legendary Pokemon: 1,000, Shiny Legendary Pokemon: 9,000, CP 1,001 to 2,000: 300, CP2001+: 500
- Transferring Mythical Pokemon will cost you Energy – Mythical Pokemon: 2,000, Shiny Mythical Pokemon: 8,000, CP,1001 to 2000: 500, CP 2001+: 700
- Transferring Pokemon will cost you Energy: Normal form Pokemon: 10, Shiny Form Pokemon: 1,990, CP 1,001 to 2,000: 100, CP 2,001+: 300
- Pokemon Forms that will revert when transferred: Castform Sunny, Rainy, Snowy to Castform Normal, Cherrim Sunny to Cherrim Overcast; Giratina Origin to Giratina Altered; Darmanitan Zen to Darminitan Standard (same with Galar); Keldeo Resolute to Keldeo Ordinary; Meloetta Pirouette to Meloetta Aria; Genesect Burn, Chill, Douse, Shock to Normal
- Lucky and Purified Pokemon will lose their Lucky and Purified statuses when sent to Pokemon HOME
- You can’t transfer Spinda, Kyurem Black/White, Buddy Pokemon, Pokemon defending Gyms, costumed Pokemon, Shadow Pokemon, and Mega Evolutions to Pokemon HOME
- Pokemon sent to Pokemon HOME cannot be sent back to Pokemon Go
- You can transfer Pokemon from your Pokemon Go account to multiple different Pokemon HOME accounts
- In Pokemon GO, you can choose what Pokemon HOME account you’ll transfer Pokemon to by linking to a Nintendo Account that is also linked to the desired Pokemon HOME account
- Each member of your family can transfer Pokemon to a single Pokemon HOME account by linking a single Nintendo Account associated with Pokemon HOME to their Pokemon GO account
- Pokemon transferred from Pokemon Go to Pokemon HOME can’t be transferred to Pokemon Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokemon: Let’s Go Eevee
- If you don’t already have a Mystery Box, you will automatically receive one after sending Pokemon to Pokemon HOME. The mystery box is a special item in Pokemon GO that temporarily causes the Pokemon Meltan to appear in the wild. After activating the Mystery Box, you’ll need to wait seven days and send another Pokemon to Pokemon HOME (or to Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee!) before you can activate it again
- There is no info about shiny Metan at the moment
For last, check out the following link about connecting Pokemon HOME to different games.
Big thanks to the world’s greatest miners for revealing useful details on the official TSR.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!