It is the time of the year when companies are revealing their “Best of 2020”. Recently, Apple has released its “App Store Best of 2020” and our mind is blown away by it. In the list, apps from all sectors are included, like games, apps based on their design, and many more. Phil Schiller, an Apple Fellow has said the following:
“This year, more than ever before, some of our most creative and connected moments happened in apps. This was thanks to the amazing work of developers who introduced fresh, helpful app experiences throughout the year. Around the world, we saw remarkable efforts from so many developers, and these Best of 2020 winners are 15 outstanding examples of that innovation. From helping us stay fit and mindful, to keeping our children’s education on track, to helping fight hunger, their impact was meaningful to so many of us.”
Apple has given the “Best of 2020” to the following 15 App Store apps:
- iPhone App of the Year: Wakeout!, developed by Andres Canella
- iPad App of the Year: Zoom
- Mac App of the Year: Fantastical, developed by Flexibits
- Apple TV App of the Year: Disney+
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Endel
- iPhone Game of the Year: “Genshin Impact,” from miHoYo
- iPad Game of the Year: “Legends of Runeterra,” from Riot Games
- Mac Game of the Year: “Disco Elysium,” from ZA/UM
- Apple TV Game of the Year: “Dandara Trials of Fear,” from Raw Fury
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: “Sneaky Sasquatch,” from RAC7
- App Trend of the Year: Shine, Explain Everything Whiteboard, Caribu, Pokemon GO and ShareTheMeal
It was expected for some of them to be on this list, to be honest, but overall, we like the list.
Keep on checking our website for other “Best of 2020” lists.