Just ahead of the release of one of the most anticipated games for 2020, Nvidia has released a driver that adds optimal support for Cyberpunk 2077. Among the other things, it also adds support for the official launch of Minecraft RTX for Windows 10.
This update is highly important to get since not only it adds optimal support but also fixes numerous other issues. For example, the GPU power consumption could increase while the PC is in idle mode with a higher refresh rate on certain high refresh-rate monitors.
Nvidia Driver 460.79 Cyberpunk 2077 Changelog
Game Ready – This new Game Ready Driver provides the ultimate gaming experience for Cyberpunk 2077. This driver also provides optimal day-1 support for the official launch of Minecraft with RTX for Windows 10.
New Features and Other Changes
- NVIDIA Control Panel
- Added Background Application Max Frame Rate control (Manage 3D Settings page)
- Added Color Accuracy Mode feature (Display > Adjust Desktop Color Settings page)
Game Ready Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. 
- When setting the refresh rate higher than 100Hz, the color format switches from RGB to ycbcr422. 
- [GeForce RTX 3090][SLI][G-SYNC]: When G-SYNC is enabled in SLI surround (3x monitors), the system locks up when launching a game. 
- [GeForce RTX 3-series]: NvAPI_GPU_GetGPUInfo() returns an incorrect number of GPU Tensor Cores. 
- [MPC-HC]: The video player crashes when playing 1088 pixel-width videos. 
- [5k display]: When the display is set to 5k resolution, you cannot set the color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel > Change resolution page. Either the controls are greyed out or they revert to the default after applying any change. [200630939/3182567].
Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game. 
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. 
- [Freestyle][Vulkan apps]: With the freestyle filters applied, a blue-screen crash occurs when pressing [Alt+Tab] while running Vulkan applications. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. 
- [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings. 
- To workaround, either launch the game in windowed mode directly or disable G-SYNC.
- [GeForce RTX 3070][Clone Mode]: When the resolution is set to 2560×1440 @ 144Hz, the performance state is stuck at maximum performance. 
- [NVIDIA Turing or later][Windows Movies and TV Player]: When playing a 4k video in fullscreen mode on a 2560×1440 HDR monitor, the video extends beyond the edge of the screen.