Trainers, Niantic and Pokemon Go are celebrating the various regions of the Pokemon world with an in-game event, and next on the list is the Unova Region.
The Unova Celebration event will go live on January 5, 20201 at 10 AM and will end on January 10, 2021, at 8 PM local time.
During this period, players are the world will see the following:
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Lillipup, Herdier, Blitzle, Roggenrola, Drilbur, Scraggy, Tympole, Venipede, Trubbish, Gothita, Solosis, and Ferroseed will be appearing more frequently in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Snivy
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Sewaddle, Petilil, Emolga, Karrablast, Joltik, Elgyem, and Shelmet
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, and Ferroseed
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
– Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Timburr, Dwebble, and Klink will be appearing in one-star raids
– Herdier, Tranquill, Excadrill, and Amoonguss will be appearing in three-star raids
– Genesect holding a Burn Drive will be appearing in five-star raids. This will be the first time this form of Genesect will be appearing in Pokémon GO, so be sure to catch it while you have the chance! Note that the Shiny form of this Genesect will not be available during this event
– Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids, with Mega Charizard Y becoming even more powerful from Tuesday, January 5, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. through Tuesday, January 12, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time
They also revealed that Sinnoh Celebration is next and the event will go live starting January 12, 2021.