With a size of around 1.6GB on both Xbox One and PS4, and 1.2GB on PC, For Honor has released a new patch titled 2.25.0 that improves the gameplay by tweaking some of the existing classes to meet the necessary balance.
The patch notes for update 2.25.0 were revealed today on the official For Honor website, discovering all of the changes. Peacekeeper and Nobushi are both getting slight changes to their attacks, which might be considered as buffs.
Below you can find the full 2.25.0 changelog:
BATTLE OF THE ECLIPSE
- Gryphon leads the Chimera Alliance against Astrea and the Order of Horkos in the Battle of the Eclipse! Both teams battle to control the Forge and use its fully-powered Draconite Scythe to defeat the Draconite-empowered enemy leader. Join the fight in this limited-time Event Game Mode and collect exclusive Event rewards!
- New “Cycle Targeting” option added.
- This allows players to “Cycle” through multiple nearby enemy heroes, allowing the player to Cycle targets to a nearby 3rd or even 4th enemy hero.
- This behaviour is off by default. To enable this behavior, go to the Options>User Interface menu and ensure “Enable Cycle Targeting System” is checked.
- Please see our blog for details.
- We have added a bookmarking system in the Heroes menu, to make it easier for you to find your favorite customization items.
- Paint Patterns, Symbols and Embossings
- Ornaments, Materials and Color Palettes
- Armor and Weapon looks
- Executions, Emotes, Signatures and Effects
Developer’s comment:We really want players to be able to explore the fashion of their characters in For Honor, and we know that the number of items players can own can quickly be overwhelming. The bookmarking feature will allow you to sort out your favorite customization elements to easily find them back later down the road, or help you thematize your loadouts for instance!
- While locked onto an opponent, guard break attempts with a minion or pikeman in the way will now bump them out of the way, greatly reducing the odds of accidentally guard breaking them (FH-89)
- Zone Attack
- Is now Enhanced
- Now counts as a Heavy Attack when parried
- 1st hit now causes a Medium hit reaction (up from Light)
- 2nd hit now feints 100ms before Parry window
- 2nd hit can now soft feint to Dodge at feint timing
- 2nd hit can now soft feint to Guard Break at feint timing
- 2nd hit is now Unblockable if Peacekeeper is locked on to an opponent suffering from Bleed
- Zone Attack 2nd hit recovery is now 700ms (down from 1000ms)
Developers comment: These changes ensure Peacekeeper’s Zone Attack remains an effective tool. In addition to the Testing Grounds changes, we have also adjusted the first hit granting a Medium hit reaction ensuring that Peacekeeper is safe when feinting the 2nd hit as well as lowering the recovery to ensure she is frame advantaged when landing the 2nd hit.
- Dagger Cancel
- Dagger Cancel now has 400ms of hit recovery (down from 700ms)
- Dagger Cancel can now cancel its recovery with a Dodge at 333ms
Developers comment: This enables Peacekeeper to be frame advantaged after landing a Dagger Cancel and lets her continue her offense when it lands, while letting her also cancel the recovery with a dodge to ensure it can be used more safely in group fights.
- Heavy Attacks
- Are now Enhanced
- This includes Dodge Attacks
- Heavy Finishers gain Unblockable if Peacekeeper is locked on to an opponent suffering from Bleed
- Are now Enhanced
Developers comment: The change to damage ensures that Peacekeeper is still slightly above the curve in damage without being overboard like it was in the Testing Grounds. The change to Heavy Finishers also gives her extra synergy with her Bleeds, which lets her loop back into Bleed if one of its options successfully lands.
- Heavy Finishers and Heavy attacks from Hidden Stance are now Undodgeable
Developer’s Comment: These changes ensure that Nobushi has a mix-up with her Undodgeable Heavies and Kick, letting her apply pressure to opponents in 1v1 scenarios.
- Advancing Thrust now chains to Heavy Finishers
Developer’s Comment: Nobushi should now be able to pressure with her mix-up from Advancing Thrust since it can now also chain to Heavy Finishers.
- Zone Attack
- 2nd hit can now be soft feinted into Kick, Heavy Finishers and Dodge
- Stamina costs have been adjusted to 20 for 1st strike, 20 for 2nd strike and 10 for feint (was 40 for 1st strike, 20 for 2nd strike, 0 for feint)
Developer’s Comment: Nobushi’s Zone Attack can now be used to initiate pressure with mix-ups in its second part, and the lowered stamina cost should help when using her in the lane where she can clear minions efficiently.
- Now branches to Heavy Finishers
- Chains to Kick and Retreating Viper at 400ms (down from 500ms)
- Cancels its recoveries into Dodge and Hidden stance at 400ms (down from 500ms)
Developer’s Comment: Much like Advancing Thrust, Sidewinder now enables her Kick/undodgeable mix-up, and the improved chaining speeds should help her avoid damage and contest the minion lane more safely.
- Hidden Stance
- Now costs 12 stamina to enter (down from 24)
- Can no longer apply backwards movement to Top Light from Hidden Stance
- Now hides its indicators for the first 166ms, making the indicators visible for 400ms
Developer’s Comment: With this change, Nobushi’s Kick becomes a 400ms Melee attack, which is unreactable to most players.
- [Adjustment] Increased the cooldown to 90 seconds (from 75)
- [Adjustment] Decreased the active time to 8 seconds (from 15)
- [Adjustment] The bridge under the waterwheel at Capture Zone A has been doubled in width
- [Adjustment] The navigational space in front of the foundry at Capture Zone C has been opened up for a more comfortable fighting area.
- [Adjustment] The space behind the foundry at Capture Zone C is no longer accessible as part of the capture zone.
- [Adjustment] The brawl arena has been moved from the Central Building to the outdoor space around the Mining Tracks
- [Adjustment] Made the side entrances into the Capture Zone C balcony wider
- [Adjustment] The ledge overlooking the sea at Capture Zone A has been slightly reduced in width
- [Adjustment] The side entrances for Capture Zone A have been widened
- [Adjustment] Added an in-game warning for players reported for disruptive behavior
- [Adjustment] Improved the color of the Revenge Gauge in colorblind modes to ensure it can be properly distinguished from players’ emblems
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Gryphon, Aramusha and Lawbringer’s attacks to be parried by an external ally that was in the middle of a parry (FH-1053)
- [Bug Fix] All of the Zone Attack Strikes now cause Medium Hit Reactions (from Light)
Developer’s Comment: This ensures Kensei is no longer unsafe on Hit/Block.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the animation to be missing on blocked Top Heavy into Top Light (FH-818)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Lawbringer to be out of range of attacks after a Sprint Attack
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the animation of “Kick” and “Viper’s Retreat” from chained Light to be missing on Bad Block (FH-925)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Shaolin’s Left “Elegant Lotus” to costs 9 Stamina instead of 12 (FH-959)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Shaolin’s “Bounding Blossom” and “Astonishing Blossom” to become parryable and lead to the regular punish timings after a successful Superior Block (FH-667)
- [Adjustment] Jiang Jun’s Dou Shi’s Choke will no longer unbalance opponents that become Out of Stamina due to the slap’s Stamina damage at the end of the move (FH-330)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Black Prior’s “Bulwark Counter” to still deal 40 Stamina Damage after the CCU (FH-879)
- [Bug Fix] Gryphon now has 300ms to input a Light in the same stance after a Light Opener Hit to flow into Light Combo [up from 200ms].
- [Bug Fix] When parrying an attack, Gryphon will no longer buffer the follow-up attack without any inputs from the player, it should now be easier to not do anything after a Parry if desired (FH-1051)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Gryphons Side Light to not input a back walk movement
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Rank 2 and 3 Peacekeeper and all Viking Bots, (aside from Berserker), from appearing as random Bots in matches (FH-799)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused players’ NAT types to be showing up as unknown (FH-786)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that could cause players to enter matchmaking with a group larger than the game mode limit
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Capture Points on the mini map to be displayed in neutral color when being captured. Now the capturing team color will be displayed (FH-226)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Russian description of the “Fresh Focus” gear perk to be missing information about the perk’s functionality compared to the English version (FH-846)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused some armor pieces introduced in Y4S4 to not drop at the intended rarities or reputation (FH-1070)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Warlord’s “Hrym Chest” and its variants to clip with the character’s neck when equipping various helmets (FH-933)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Nuxia’s “Hook, Line and Sinker” Signature to show the boot before hooking it in the signature screen (FH-901)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the male variant of the Kensei’s “Kabukimono Helm” to display the face and eyes of the female Kensei (FH-810)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Valkyrie’s “Otherworld Skull Helm” to have skin tone inconsistencies (FH-712)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Warlord’s “Solaris Helm” to have a stretching texture near the mouth (FH-689)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the lower part of the striped shirt of Warlord’s “Engelbrekt Chest” to not change color to display the chosen color scheme customization (FH-681)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the “Kogarashi Helmet” to have a visible texture seam on the neck when paired with low-necked chest pieces like “Izuru Chest”, “Yuro no Miko Chest”, “Tamamo no Mae Chest”, etc (FH-665)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Black Prior’s “Steadfast Rook” and “Clever Bishop” Chests to have customization inconsistencies (FH-652)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Berserker’s “Glamr Helmet” to have skin tone inconsistencies (FH-637)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Shaolin’s “Wu Song Chest” beads belt and outline embroidery to change color depending on the equipped skin tone (FH-616)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the female Black Prior’s “Neofelis Helmet” ears to be clipping (FH-541)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Shaolin’s “Failure” emote audio to stop playing when paired with the Thunderbolt and Frightening effect (FH-334)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Berserker’s “Mizar Chest” to have a missing texture on the interior side of the back piece of the tabard (FH-229)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Nobushi’s “Raven Kusanami Shaft” to not display team color properly (FH-222)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Berserker’s “Hallvard Arms” paint pattern, symbol and embossing to not be displayed properly (FH-593)
- Steam Controller input will now display Xbox Controller UI Icons, consistent with all third party controllers. Note that the Steam Controller will still work as expected
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!