Trainers, the second month of 2021 is right around the corner, and Niantic and Pokemon Go are getting ready to launch a new set of Field Research tasks, rewards, Pokemon encounters, new shiny forms, and a new Research Breakthrough encounter.
The new batch of Field Research tasks and rewards will be available to all players starting February 1, 2021, at 1 PM PST (GMT -8), and completing/collecting the seven stamps until March 1, you’ll be granted Snorlax as Research Breakthrough.
February is packed with in-game events, such as new five-start Raid Bosses, new Mega Pokemon in Raids, different Spotlight Hours events every Tuesday, Team Go Rocket event, Community Day event, Lunar New Year event, Valentine’s Day event, Weekly 1 PokeCoin Bundles, and the long-awaited pay-to-play Pokemon Go Tour Kanto event. To be honest, Niantic and Pokemon Go are really trying and giving their best to make the game more interesting and fun to play with all these events, which is awesome, right?
Research Tasks and Rewards for February 2021
- Catch 5 Pokemon: Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle (all can be shiny)
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokemon: Dratini (can be shiny)
- Catch 9 Pokemon with Weather Boost: Oshawott, Snivy (can be shiny), Tepig
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokemon: Teddiursa (can be shiny)
- Catch 5 Pokemon with weather boost: Poliwag, Vulpix (both can be shiny)
- Catch 10 Pokemon: Magikarp (can be shiny)
- Make 5 Nice Throws: Voltorb (can be shiny)
- Make 3 Great Throws:
- Lileep, Anorith, Gastly (all can be shiny)
- Make 3 Great Throws in a row: Onix (can be shiny)
- Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a row: Spinda #1 (can be shiny)
- Make 3 Excellent Throws in a Row: Gible (can be shiny)
- Defeat 2 Team Go Rocket Grunts: Koffing, Ekans (both can be shiny)
- Win a Level 3 or higher Raid: Kabuto, Omanyte (both can be shiny)
- Win 5 Raids: Aerodactyl (can be shiny)
- Win in the Go Battle League: Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan
- Win a Raid: Dratini (can be shiny)
- Give your Buddy 3 treats: Spoink (can be shiny)
- Earn 5 Hearts with your Buddy: Cubone (can be shiny)
- Send 3 Gifts to friends: Roselia (can be shiny)
- Trade a Pokemon: Machop, Geodude, Abra, Gastly (all can be shiny)
- Hatch an Egg: Gligar (can be shiny)
- Evolve a Pokemon: Magnemite (can be shiny), Eevee (can be shiny)
- Power up Pokemon 5 times: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle (all can be shiny), 10 Beedrill or Venusaur, 15 Charizard Mega Energy
- AR scan tasks: Skarmory, Dratini (both can be shiny)
The list is now complete.