Riot Games’ competitive multiplayer first-person shooter Valorant has received a brand new update that fixes many issues, revamps the whole SPLIT map, and nerfs one of the player’s favorite agents, Jett. Jett’s controllable smoke no longer depicts a long duration, as it has been nerfed from 7 to 4.5 seconds. The full developer’s view on Jett can be found below:
In a continuation of the Controller changes from Patch 2.0, we felt it was important to consider Jett’s smokes as well. In Patch 1.0, we increased Jett’s smoke duration to 7 seconds (from the then 4 seconds), and we are partially undoing that now. We’ve found that the result of that change was that Jett became a substitute for the Controller role, and reasonably aggressive teams could make use of her Cloudburst smokes to quickly take space without relying on a dedicated Controller. This is part of a pattern of Duelists superseding more utility-focused Agents that we will continue to look at in the future. It’s important that Jett can use her smokes to create temporary windows for the high action plays that define her style, but those windows need to be brief enough to ensure that Controllers are where teams look for team-focused vision blocking.
Riot Games tried to balance SPLIT, the map which nature leans mostly in favor of the defensive side. The attacking side on SPLIT was mostly in denial. With short corridors and limited places to throw utilities, Riot Games had to change something. For that reason, SPLIT has now been balanced to give more room for the attackers and open some new angles for utility usage. For a detailed overview of what exactly has been changed on SPLIT, make sure to visit Valorant’s official website.
The bugs in Valorant have always been present after each update. With lots of them fixed on each consecutive update, this one didn’t miss addressing them. You can find the bug fixes below:
- Fixed an issue with rank promotion and demotion indicators overlapping players rank on the Career page
- Fixed a bug that would cause either a Radiant icon or an error message to show during the End of Game screen instead of the correct rank details
- Fixed a bug where Reyna’s Leer would not display on the minimap correctly
- Fixed a bug where credits wouldn’t be properly refunded after selling a gun that a teammate bought
- Fixed a bug where offscreen flash VFX would display incorrectly
- Fixed a bug where Phoenix’s starting location would briefly be displayed on the minimap after being killed in Run it Back
- Fixed issue where Omen’s reforming VFX didn’t line up with where he actually appeared when using Shrouded Step
- Fixed Jett being able to trigger the defuse sound while dashing
- Fixed Omen being able to trigger the defuse sound while teleporting
- Fixed issue that caused Yoru’s Fakeout decoy to persist in the world after his death
- Fixed issue where Raze’s Boom Bot could be placed through some walls
- Fixed issue where Omen could have his gun equipped while forming during From the Shadows
- Resolved Regrowth’s number UI not updating as Skye used the ability
- Fixed fire rate stacking issue when a player is in one Brimstone Stim Pack while another ends
- Fixed Skye not properly showing the callout region she’s in
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!