Trainers, Niantic has openly discussed the anti-cheat measures in Pokemon Go, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite confirming that they issued punishment to more than 5,000,000 players/cheaters and permabanned over 1,000,000 players/cheaters since January 2020.
Niantic made a report regarding its anti-cheat measures and revealed some pretty interesting details on their official blog.
Here is everything you should know:
- Since 2020 they issued punishments to more than 5 million cheaters across all their games
- Over 20% of these punishments are permanent bans
- That’s over 1,000,000 players/cheaters banned
- Many players/cheaters (over 90% ) who received their first warning/strike, stopped cheating
- They will continue to improve their detection and enforcement capabilities
- They listen to the community and players’ reports to accurately detect cheaters
- They will be adding additional security measures in Ingress regarding the Ingress Portals getting spoofed during Ops
- They want the players to use only the official versions of the games which are available on Google Play Store, Apple App Stoe, and Samsung Galaxy Store
If you’re not familiar with warnings/ bans and the three-strike policy in Pokemon Go, we suggest checking this link.