Pokemon Go Tour Kanto event is going live on February 20, 2021, and many players were excited for this event until Niantic and Pokemon Go announced that Regional Pokemon will not be available in the wild, only in Raids.
Pokemon Go players who bought the $12 ticket are furious because they already paid for all Kanto Pokemon and disagree with paying more just to get certain Regional Pokemon.
Niantic and Pokemon Go revealed the list of Pokemon spawns during the event, so we recommend checking it out below.
These Pokémon will be appearing in the wild and attracted to Incense during the noted location-themed hour:
- Pallet Town: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Pikachu, and Zubat
- Pewter City: Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Clefairy, Paras, Diglett, Geodude, Magnemite, Onix, Voltorb, and Rhyhorn
- Cerulean City: Jigglypuff, Psyduck, Poliwag, Tentacool, Shellder, Krabby, Horsea, Goldeen, Staryu, and Magikarp
- Fuchsia City: Venonat, Abra, Ponyta, Grimer, Gastly, Drowzee, Exeggcute, Koffing, Omanyte, and Kabuto
- Pokémon League: Machop, Slowpoke, Doduo, Seel, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Jynx, Eevee, Porygon, and Dratini
These Pokémon will not be appearing in the wild during the event, see below for how to encounter them:
- Farfetch’d, Kangaskhan, Mr Mime, Tauros, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo will be appearing in Raids.
- If you select Red Version these Pokémon will be attracted to Incense during the event: Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther, and Electabuzz.
- If you select Green Version these Pokémon will be attracted to Incense during the event: Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar, and Pinsir.
Lickitung, Chansey, Tangela, Lapras, and Aerodactyl will be appearing rarely in the wild throughout the event (not tied to a specific hour). If you’re lucky you might encounter a Snorlax in the wild as well!
Here are some of the comment from the Pokemon Go community:
Hate how they locked regionals behind raids. Like, we have already payed for the ticket
It’s very very greedy, all other big paid ticketed events have always featured at least one rare regional in the wild, and we’ve already had a few worldwide events featuring the Kanto regionals so it’s not like they’re very rare and they would lose value or anything like that… Ugh.
Why are there Raid-exclusives??? We already paid for all 150 Pokemon, why do we have to pay more?
This is a SCAM!
What are your thoughts on this? Would you spend more? We would like to hear from you, so please leave a comment below.