Pokemon Go Raid Locked Regional Pokemon for the Tour Kanto Event, Players are Not Happy
Pokemon Go Tour Kanto event is going live on February 20, 2021, and many players were excited for this event until Niantic and Pokemon Go announced that Regional Pokemon will not be available in the wild, only in Raids.
Pokemon Go players who bought the $12 ticket are furious because they already paid for all Kanto Pokemon and disagree with paying more just to get certain Regional Pokemon.
Niantic and Pokemon Go revealed the list of Pokemon spawns during the event, so we recommend checking it out below.
These Pokémon will be appearing in the wild and attracted to Incense during the noted location-themed hour:
- Pallet Town: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Pikachu, and Zubat
- Pewter City: Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Clefairy, Paras, Diglett, Geodude, Magnemite, Onix, Voltorb, and Rhyhorn
- Cerulean City: Jigglypuff, Psyduck, Poliwag, Tentacool, Shellder, Krabby, Horsea, Goldeen, Staryu, and Magikarp
- Fuchsia City: Venonat, Abra, Ponyta, Grimer, Gastly, Drowzee, Exeggcute, Koffing, Omanyte, and Kabuto
- Pokémon League: Machop, Slowpoke, Doduo, Seel, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Jynx, Eevee, Porygon, and Dratini
These Pokémon will not be appearing in the wild during the event, see below for how to encounter them:
- Farfetch’d, Kangaskhan, Mr Mime, Tauros, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo will be appearing in Raids.
- If you select Red Version these Pokémon will be attracted to Incense during the event: Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther, and Electabuzz.
- If you select Green Version these Pokémon will be attracted to Incense during the event: Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar, and Pinsir.
Lickitung, Chansey, Tangela, Lapras, and Aerodactyl will be appearing rarely in the wild throughout the event (not tied to a specific hour). If you’re lucky you might encounter a Snorlax in the wild as well!
Here are some of the comment from the Pokemon Go community:
Hate how they locked regionals behind raids. Like, we have already payed for the ticket
It’s very very greedy, all other big paid ticketed events have always featured at least one rare regional in the wild, and we’ve already had a few worldwide events featuring the Kanto regionals so it’s not like they’re very rare and they would lose value or anything like that… Ugh.
Why are there Raid-exclusives??? We already paid for all 150 Pokemon, why do we have to pay more?
This is a SCAM!
What are your thoughts on this? Would you spend more? We would like to hear from you, so please leave a comment below.
This is GARBAGE!!! Why why charge us money than screw us over? Niantic is greedy!!!! Stop being so money hungry or you are going to lose players big big BIG TIME
You get 3 remote raidpasses for free in the shop, plus 9 free passes from gyms
This article failed to mention we are gaining 10 free raid passes…. lmao
This is ridiculous. They explode in profit in this game and continue to place more and more things behind pay walls while, nerfing shiny spawn rates in raids and the wild. This last year, GO has really dissapointed and irritated me.
Was this just to stir people up? They are giving everyone extra raid and remote raid passes. There are enough remote raid passes to get them via invites and there are raid grips if you’re not in a discord group
What’s been happening to me lately is that my raid passes that I pay extra for and my screen freezes or the game restarts . I close the app and open it again and it takes the pass away. If this happens during this kanto event I paid for I’m gonna scream !
You can still catch these pokemon with your free raid pass. Anyone who complains is a whiner and nothing more. Raids have always been a part of this game. You can also get free coins to buy raid passes.
They also told us upfront the the 3 chickens and Mewtwo were going to be in the raids.
Stop crying you dumb babies.
Dumb doesn’t come close
Some people just always want a reason to cray and whine.. this just happens to be the most recent thing..
Such a con,with no refunds available this is no worse than theft in broad daylight.
Is there a official place for complaints about false advertisement? Like an ombudsman etc
Well, they did give out 9 free physical raid passes and 3 remote.
The ditto/mew task alone is worth the $12 to me. I finished all the collection tasks without having to spend extra money.