Nvidia has released a brand new driver 461.92. This driver is extremely exciting for all the Overwatch fans due to the optimization and enhancements of Nvidia Reflex in the game. Other than that, as usual, the update mends a couple of issues. Other games such as RDR 2, Fortnite, and others have also received a couple of tweaks.
Fortnite had ample stutters before this update. Whenever I was jumping in Fortnite for a bit of fun I wasn’t able to get it. Even if I have RTX 3080, I had to lower everything in the graphics options. Nevertheless, even after that I was still dealing with the stutters. Alongside that, applications no longer flicker or stutter when resizing the window on some PCs. Without further ado, take a look at the complete driver notes below:
New feature and fixes in driver 461.92
Game Ready – Our latest GeForce Game Ready driver delivers the optimum experience in the latest games, and introduces optimizations and enhancements for NVIDIA Reflex in Overwatch.
Game Ready Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- Some desktop applications may flicker or stutter when resizing the window on some PC configurations .
- [GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER]: Random flickering may appear across the top of the monitor on some PC configurations. 
- [Vulkan][Red Dead Redemption 2]: The game may display pixelated black dots or artifacts on characters’ skin. [3257041/3266614]
- [Rocket League]: Matches may take longer to load. 
- [Fortnite]: Shader cache optimizations have been made to reduce intermittent stutter on some PC configurations. 
- [Detroit: Become Human]: Game may crash when launched with Image Sharpening enabled. [3242624/200667092]
- [Dungeon & Fighter]: The game may blink when choosing characters. 
- [Zoom]: GeForce Experience In-game Overlay launches when a Zoom meeting starts. 
- Enabling NVIDIA Surround with 4K HDMI 2.1 TVs may fail. 
- Blue-screen crash may occur when connecting/disconnecting to/from the Samsung 8k TV. 
Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan]: Smoke appears pixelated. 
- [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game 
- [Supreme Commander/Supreme Commander 2]: The games experience low FPS. 
- [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. 
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere/Turing GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay.