Black Ops Cold War’s Season 3 is just around the corner, with lots of surprises in store. The game will receive new multiplayer content, zombie improvements, gameplay changes such as a new scorestreak, new maps for different scenarios, and more. Overall, it arrives at the right time, just when the Call of Duty’s Battle Royale counterpart, Warzone, managed to reach 100 million players.
While milestones are a good way to measure success, new changes are always welcomed and destined to entertain fans. So far, Call of Duty has been dominating for around a year. Judging by streaming services such as Twitch and calculating by the whopping number of viewership (even if they’re mostly BR), we can easily conclude that Call of Duty is on a healthy path so far. But, enough talking, let’s jump to the changes and see what Season 3 tends to bring.
First of all, it will include a new Battle Pass that will allow players to unlock and gain rewards, such as cosmetics. The Battle Pass will consist of 100 Battle Pass tiers, such as any other previously released Battle Pass in Call of Duty. It will also introduce the PPSh-41 SMG and Swiss K31 Sniper Rifle. Throughout Season 3, the game’s arsenal will be enriched with six new weapons that will come in the latter.
New maps for different game modes will also be adapted. Yamantau and Diesel will be there to spice the gameplay content even further, getting rid of the monotony caused by the longevity of the previous season. Another exciting part is the new Scorestreak named Strafe Run. It will arrive in multiplayer this week and will cost 5,000 score. Once used, it will call jet fighters in your favor that will help clear the field easier. Judging by the official description, the jets will provide sweeping ground cover and anti-aircraft fire.
The Zombies Game Mode is also getting numerous changes, and you can find them you can find on the official website. In the meantime, below you can find Black Ops Cold War’s Season 3 Patch Notes.
Black Ops Cold War SEASON 3 Patch Notes
Starting at 9 PM PT April 21st / 12 AM PT April 22nd, all-new Season Three content and updates come to Multiplayer and Zombies in Black Ops Cold War, including:
- 100 new Battle Pass tiers including the PPSh-41 SMG and Swiss K31 sniper rifle
- Six total new weapons throughout the season
- Four New Prestige Levels
- New Prestige Shop content
- “Hunt for Adler” Launch Week Event (April 22)
- New weapon tuning
- + more
- New MP Map: Yamantau (6v6)
- New MP Map: Diesel (6v6, 3v3, 2v2)
- New MP Mode: Sticks and Stones
- New Scorestreak: Strafe Run
- New Featured Playlists: Yamantau 24/7, Diesel Face Off 24/7
- New Multi-Team Vehicle: Cargo Truck
- New League Play updates
- 20 New Multiplayer Season Challenges
- + more in-season
- New Field Upgrade: Toxic Growth
- New Outbreak Region: Duga
- New Outbreak Intel and Secrets
- New Outbreak Vehicles: Cargo Truck and FAV
- Expanded Outbreak Objectives
- New Weapon Unlock Challenges
- New Onslaught Map (PlayStation®): Yamantau
- 20 New Zombies Season Challenges
- + more in-season
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!