Japanese Pokemon GO players will get another collaboration and this time it is between Niantic and the Yoshinoya restaurant chain based in Japan. Japanese players are already familiar with the Yoshinoya chain, but for the ones that do not know, this restaurant chain is the largest beef bowl restaurant chain in Japan.
The event will be called Pokemon GO Special Weekend and to enter, the ones that wish to participate will have to pay 550 yen on May 29th (the start date of the event) at any restaurant that has the name Yoshinoya. After the payment, the players will get special encounters with Swirlix, Spritzee, Sableye, and Unown Y.
Event date and time
- Saturday, May 29, 2021, Japan time from 11:00 to 17:00
- If you use incense, Pokemon such as Sableye, Swirlix, Spritzee, Unown, and Eevee will be attracted to it. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Eevee! During this event, you will not be able to encounter a shiny Unown.
- There will be a limited-time challenge during the event. You can complete this challenge until 23:59 on Sunday, May 30th.
- Those who have a participation ticket can receive the following bonuses from May 29th (Sat) 11:00 to May 30th (Sun) 23:59.
- Doubled XP when catching Pokemon.
- Increased chance to become Lucky friends.
- You’ll have an increased chance of receiving a Lucky Pokémon when you complete a trade with a friend.
The following bonuses will be available even if you do not have a participation ticket.
- Trade distance will be increased to 40 km.
- More gifts can be opened in a day.
To obtain a ticket, it seems one has to spend at least 550 yen (tax included) in a Yoshinoya store and show the barcode that can be found in the official Yoshinoya app to the staff when paying, between April 28, 2021 (Wednesday) 11:00 and May 18, 2021 (Tuesday) 20:00.
A ticket redeems code will then be displayed in the app within 48 hours.
One can participate once a day, twice in total (unclear what participating twice would result in).
Niantic is on a roll with the collaborations in the past few months, which is good for the game as well as the players.
What do you think about this?