Iron Gate AB’s survival title, Valheim, has received many positive changes in the past couple of months. No one can negate Valheim’s success, as Iron Gate is truly working on every field delivering updates that settle in both improvements and content strategy. The latest Valheim update contributes to easier terrain-based projects.
Patch 0.150.3 is here to introduce a brand new terrain-modification system, which will contribute to reduce the network instances and make loading faster and smoother. According to the most recent post on Steam’s official community page, this is a huge change that won’t be as impactful on the eyesight, but still noticeable in some scenarios. Terrains should load much smoother too, which is one of the reasons why this patch brings such value to the game.
All terrain modifications after this patch (using the hoe, pickaxe or cultivator) will automatically use the new modification system. For existing areas where heavy terrain modifications have been made before this patch we have added a special console command “optterrain” that basically converts all the old terrain modifications in the nearby area to the new system. To use the “optterrain” console command, you first need to enable the ingame console by adding “-console” as a launch argument for the game.
For the complete patch notes, make sure you check below:
- Swamp draugr spawner location fix to prevent draugrs from spawning inside stones
- Lox pet-sfx fix
- Torches in locations should no longer support constructions
Dolmen location stone size fix
- New terrain modification system
- Terrain-modification priority changed (Terrain modifications in an area should load before buildings, only applies to the new terrain modification system)
- World loading tweaks (to fix issues with ships and buildings getting damaged while loading)
- Stop server list download when leaving the start menu (to decrease network bandwidth usage)
- Lowered the amount of stone required to Raise ground using the hoe
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!